Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ground controls

2LATEV8

ground controls

had my ground controls installed and i love them. no squeeks or anything. been on car for about 2 weeks now. any sugestions on how can prevent them from acting up like some others have.

If you haven't run into any problems yet... you should be fine.

I love my gc's... install was smooth... great ride... and easy to adjust...

p.s. if you run into any weird noises like squeeking... get under the car and grease up the suspension a bit... works like a charm. But you shouldn't run into any problems if done right... now all you have to worry about are the stock shocks and struts...:)

2LATEV8
    yea i cant wait till some shocks come out, it would help out alot. how long have u been dropped on stock shocks.

almost a month now... and no complaints from me... but definetly time for me to invest in a camber kit...:)

So how high or low can you adjust them, and are they a stiffer ride than stock? Do they get stiffer as you get lower?

It'd be cool to have some if you could keep em at like 1" drop for every day, and then drop em some more for the track...

I need some details....

2LATEV8
    i have mine dropped at 2inchs. i love the drop. i also had the spc camber kit installed as well. the grounds ride nice, i have no complaints as of yet.

Red face Ground Control?

Yea I'm curious as well too. I'm considering getting some GroundControls for my EP. Will they work with the stock shocks? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about the Ground Controls. I had them on my 99 Si and they were great.

OK, I reasearched a little:

Height Range
    -.5 to -2.5 inches (or more if you cut the stops up front)

Spring Rates
    Stock: 248 front 440 rear
    GroundControls: 375 front 450 rear (much stiffer in front, a little stiffer in rear)

MSRP
    $339 (USD)

My biggest question now is, do they weigh over a pound more than just springs?

They seem to be pretty compatible with various dampers, but are there any hidden tradeoffs for going with these? Im getting really interested in the potential here....

I have a set sitting in my room waiting to be installed, i can take pics of components if youd like

Smile

Yes !!! Please do!! Im curious to see what they look like.

My big question is will they work with the stock rear shocks? Or do you have to install them with Koni shocks???????

Originally posted by BlasTech
    OK, I reasearched a little:

Height Range
    -.5 to -2.5 inches (or more if you cut the stops up front)

Spring Rates
    Stock: 248 front 440 rear
    GroundControls: 375 front 450 rear (much stiffer in front, a little stiffer in rear)

MSRP
    $339 (USD)

My biggest question now is, do they weigh over a pound more than just springs?

They seem to be pretty compatible with various dampers, but are there any hidden tradeoffs for going with these? Im getting really interested in the potential here....
    Thanks for the spring rates! I'm considering these, but I'm not sure those are the rates I'll need.

Originally posted by Cone Killer

Thanks for the spring rates! I'm considering these, but I'm not sure those are the rates I'll need.
    Hey, I was going to ask you about these on Saturday at Spokes... Registration is closed, but I'm going to go anyway... sounds stiff in the front...but hard to resist the prospect of tweaking the height.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 04-17-2003 at 09:38 PM.

Originally posted by Cone Killer

Hey, I was going to ask you about these on Saturday at Spokes... Registration is closed, but I'm going to go anyway... sounds stiff in the front...

I love the ride... it's a little stiffer than stock but rides nice...
    I'm not sure how many inches i dropped it since i went by the thread count and didn't really measure before and after... but i know that from the ground to the the fender it's 23.5 inches in the front and 24 inches in the rear... I'll post some pics soon...

Yes they work with the stock shocks... but in the long run i'd go with aftermarket shocks... our stocks can only take so much... but that will happen no matter what springs you drop it on...

Ohhhh... and they're very easy to adjust... a big plus...
    Last edited by My_Blk_Si; 04-18-2003 at 12:07 AM.

2LATEV8
    yes i would recommend these sleeve kits to anyone. there great, but it would be better if we had some aftermarket shocks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information