Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

i want nitrous...

do you think i can get away with a wet, direct port 80 shot? my friend thinks i'll be alright, but i'm not so sure, maybe a 60 shot or less. i'm not planning on upgrading my internals any time soon so i think an 80 might be too much. i am a total nitrous newb. i have been researching and will until i feel safe about it. i really want it and i was wondering what you guys thought about it.

Jesse02SI

Talking juice

I woud go with a 60 shot to start of with.. I am planing on juicing mine after i get my intake exh. and headers then the JUICE IS ON

JDM TOOL

Thumbs down

Nitrous, nitrous....why would you want nitrous?? You have a brand new car, and you are already trying to blow ur engine up!! Why in the world would you wanna do that??? If you want to make ur new Si fast, why dont you just wait for the mods to come out for it and do ur engine internals etc....COME ON NITROUS???

ephatch member
    80 shot? dang thats very aggressive i wouldnt do that if i was you, just to make sure our engines can take it but keep us posted on how it responds cause i wanna run nitrous also

4u2nv
    2002hatchsi already is spraying his car

JDM TOOL

Thumbs down

I know it's HORRIBLE!!!!

4u2nv
    noy realy n2o doesnt blow up a motor. poor installation, improper jet size and improper use does. nitrous is safe if you know what you are doing, not for the new veiwers of the fast and the furious

JDM TOOL

Thumbs down

I dotn know who told you that nitrous was safe??? But whoever told you that is a liar!! Nitrous isnt safe, no matter how many safety precautions you take. I know several people who have ruined thier engines by adding nitrous oxide, and everyone that I have talked to that has once used NOs, speaks out HIGHLY AGAINST IT!!! Use Nos if you want to on ur new engine, but when ur stuck with a car that isnt worth crap and you still have to pay car payments on it, youre gonna wish that you had just stuck with engine mods!!!

4u2nv
    i know plenty of people that have mlown motors with nitrous, but if you add a large shot of it on a stock motor the bottom end may not be strong enough to hold the power. nitrous is safer then a turbo if its set up properly

JDM TOOL

Question

Nitrous and the word safe, doesnt even belong in the same sentence!!!

brianc593
    So is it safe or not??? Does anyone know of a good webpage with correct info on nos? I'm interested in it.

4u2nv
    call any well respected shop and they will tell you its safe with a small shot. the only problem is that not many if any shops have torn down one of these engines to tell you how much they can handle. i was told by a tech at king motorsports, not to run a 50 shot or bigger on a stock d16z6 because the rods cannt handle the power. anyone who beleives that nitrous along destroys an engine is mistaken, but it is common. all nitrous is, is a higher concentration of oxygen then the atmosphere. as anyone knows if you add air you must add fuel, ie more power from nitrous. go to nos's website and they have a few rules for using nitrous. read these before ordering

ephatch member
    I'd stay away from nitrous but many people use it with few problems, but then again other blow up their engines. I'm more interested in the Type S engine or the JDM engine(once prices are more reasonable) those engines have a balanced crank, and stronger rods to deal with nitrous, ours are just alright

Originally posted by xlr8
    call any well respected shop and they will tell you its safe with a small shot. the only problem is that not many if any shops have torn down one of these engines to tell you how much they can handle. i was told by a tech at king motorsports, not to run a 50 shot or bigger on a stock d16z6 because the rods cannt handle the power. anyone who beleives that nitrous along destroys an engine is mistaken, but it is common. all nitrous is, is a higher concentration of oxygen then the atmosphere. as anyone knows if you add air you must add fuel, ie more power from nitrous. go to nos's website and they have a few rules for using nitrous. read these before ordering

I have to completely agree with anything xlr8 has said, NITROUS CAN BE SAFE IS INSTALLED PROPERLY AND MAINTAINS THE PROPER A/F MIXTURE...

2002HatchSi
    Dude im working with a 50 shot and thats plenty... it still need to be set right, but dam its fast............. me and my dad are still trying to figure this out.. but when im done it will be awesome......i would not go with an 80 shot too my juice........ with my 50 shot when i hit like 4,000 rpm my tires are just buring out..... so u dont need more the 50.. but i dont think i will keep NOS cause its serious wear and tear on a new car.. i mean dam u just paid 20,000 weshould take better care of our cars:)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information