Close

ephatch member

Yet anotehr another Motor mount install

Today me and my freind(mostly my freind) installed the motor mounts today, but only got the rear one cuz we got hella tired, but it took us like 2.5 hours? or something like that..we had to disconnect the header and the pipe, anyone know what' the fastest way to install the front one, cuz its really time consuming..thanks, next install: buddy club exhaust =)

the rear one shoulda been cake. like 1.5 hours tops

the front one is a bitch. i suggest you search for myeverlovinsi's how to.

You can find a complete motor mount install here at K-series
    http://www.k-series.com/tech.php

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    Hey,

I am not trying to act like an ass so dont take it that when when i say...

why is everyone already replacing motor mounts? is there a difference in performance if you do this? or are you just trying to get your car to be lighter?

Thanks!

E.

Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
    Hey,

I am not trying to act like an ass so dont take it that when when i say...

why is everyone already replacing motor mounts? is there a difference in performance if you do this? or are you just trying to get your car to be lighter?

Thanks!

E.
    motor mounts eliminate wheel hop. and in general, they allow less movement of the motor which pays off anytime you're braking and accelerating.

and besides, the motor mounts are a great investment for under 40 bucks.

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    o, ok that makes sence then!

guess i will do that! :) hey now isnt that going to void warrenty on the engine? cause if it does, i dont want to do that, i have the 4 year warrenty....

Eric

ephatch member
    Damn..i installed the motor mounts but i couldnt get two bolts in..well i got the otehr two in, and the other two are out..i pulled i pushed i kicked i screamed and i cant get them in and to top it off i installed my buddy club exhaust but the muffler shop was closed before we finished, so i had to drive home with an open cat, and it wa sloud as fuck, and i passed by 6 cop cars helping a roadside accident. TOmorrow monrning i gotta go to a muffler shop and get a pipe to weld it between cat, and the pipe. sigh.

Any one have any suggestoins about the two bolt that's not screwed in, i read k-series .com and i still couldnt do it, thanks:'(

did you take the heat shield off, ? did you loosen the white arrow screws? if you did both, get a bigger crow bar... im for real it helps. more levarage. will help. im going to do rsx Tomarrow ill let you knowwhat else i missed but im sure its that easy.

i need to buy some motor mouns.. where can i get them? to be honest, i dont feel like searching.. looking.. or going out of my way at all, lol. i am lazy, can someone tell me? i just yanked the motor out of my car, and i am kind of tired hehe

ephatch member
    stupid question: doesnt putting those aftermarket motor mounts make the ride a little rougher or something?

ephatch member
    No, but it vibrates more. To me it feels good like a messaging chair, i tried launching, and my tires just spin instead of wheel hop.

Thread Information