Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JDM Headlights

ephatch member
    man I dont got the cojones to break open my headlights but I would love to have the blackhousing, its flatters the front of our cars

That's a lot of money for headlights, I would stick with the stock ones and spend the money on other mods (imo).

BOSS3854
    The temp varies. I did it on an '02 EX. I did each headlight separately at 300 degrees for 2 minutes. Some will say 3 minutes or more at like 170. It really depends. But either way, I had my oven up to 300 and they sat in their for 2 minutes without melting or warping. Also, make sure you seal them the same way, after you clear them or paint them or whatever, toss em back in the oven for a minute or two to let the seal do its job again, then after its cooled down, seal around that seal with some automotive sealant(like for a windshield). I didnt do this out of laziness and now my one headlight fogs up in the rain so i have to take it back out and reseal it.

ephatch member
    if anyone paints their housing black please post pics and let us know the ins and outs thanks

MagusDC5
    Originally posted by xlr8

thats realy not too bad, jdm itr headlights are alot more
    where are you buying your lights. Typical set of JDM ITR lights runs $595. Options has them for $585.

MagusDC5
    Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
    if anyone paints their housing black please post pics and let us know the ins and outs thanks
    ask dth, he just made a thread about his .

beretta627
    the black housing headlights are definitely an improvement to the front end ... and it needs the help! I'd try and get the CTR lip and side skirts though.

ephatch member
    well i don't know about 1020 i go them coming for 480 and thats from my guys in upstate ny so 1020 wow thats hard

chromecuda
    I did mine with a heat gun. I think it's better than an over because you can control where the heat goes...

Instead of heating everything, you heat just where the adhesive is.

ephatch member
    can you do a Do it Yourself(DIY) of how you did it with the heat gun??

Thumbs up

if anyone is from the northwest area.. A&J will paint your headlights black like the CTR.. i'm abouts to get it down.. cost a lil less then a bill... if anyone is from the vancouver canada area.. you should hit up A&J..

ephatch member
    Originally posted by DynaSpeed
    $1020???!!! for JDM lights? does that sound reasonable?

the only reason why its so high is because they're probably the real civic type r headlights imported from japan...... i would expect that they are 600 bucks w/o shipping it over here from japan (then the company gotta make some money from importing it).....

i'm pretty sure someone's gonna make the imitations eventually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information