Close

Thread: Tein questions?

Question Tein questions?

Not to up on suspension...so my main question is with Tein's Type Flex set up will i also need shocks or does this system take care of the dampening? Also I've seen some talk about a built in camber system in the Type Flex does this eliminate the need for a camber kit?

Re: Tein questions?

Originally posted by HondaZi
    Not to up on suspension...so my main question is with Tein's Type Flex set up will i also need shocks or does this system take care of the dampening? Also I've seen some talk about a built in camber system in the Type Flex does this eliminate the need for a camber kit?
    this should answer your questions...next time try and search next time :)
    http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread....tein+type+flex

And some more questions answered on this topic
    http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread....tein+type+flex

Some

Basically with this set up all i will need is the rear camber kit. And all else is set. But also from what ive read you almost HAVE to have the control module to get the full use of this set up.

aw well i got some time to think atleast.

ephatch member
    Well since the control module is only $360 compared to $1700 for the coilovers I am really thinking about getting the EDFC if I get this setup

Talking

get it, there's no real point in getting the coilovers w/out the edfc, after all they were made to work together. :)

There is ONE more thing, if you want to go lower than 1.5", you'll be limited on camber options by the control arm endlinks (I beleive)

This can be remedied by getting endlinks from an RSX... you'll have to search it out, but theres a couple of discussions about this, and one guy here whod done it with the JIC setup.

ephatch member
    Is this the case even if you use a rear camber kit? This sounds a bit odd since I don't think you need a camber kit at all until around a 1.5" drop

a 1-1.5 drop sounds great for my use, givs the car a nicer lower stance, without putting me in danger of all the pot holes and speed bumps on the road and in parking lots. plus, with some larger than 15' after market wheels the gap probably wont look too bad.

Originally posted by BlasTech
    There is ONE more thing, if you want to go lower than 1.5", you'll be limited on camber options by the control arm endlinks (I beleive)

This can be remedied by getting endlinks from an RSX... you'll have to search it out, but theres a couple of discussions about this, and one guy here whod done it with the JIC setup.
    Any word on the need for the end links? Ar ethey needed?

camber?

Ohh... so the Tein Flex does need a camber kit? how many degrees does it need to be adjusted? and it is the same on all Ep's? I would say so but just checking...

Re: camber?

Originally posted by 03CivicSi
    Ohh... so the Tein Flex does need a camber kit? how many degrees does it need to be adjusted? and it is the same on all Ep's? I would say so but just checking...
    you'll need a camber kit for the rear. 02-03 should be the same, not sure about the 04 cause the suspension was changed. not sure how much adjustment, ask :lazy(azz?)azian he has them.
    Tein makes the type flex especially for the ep3, so they should work great. =)
    I'm gonna save for them this summer with a summer job, hehe us college peeps never have $$$

Thread Information