Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rotas yeah/nay

Gold Subzeros, hmm

ludikris
    Originally posted by chet

Actually I agree with you here. The quote you posted. ..I was still referring to the comments made towards the other "mods" on my car. I have two sets of Rotas. Name brand wheels have been bad luck to me, at least the ones I paid more for. I did a lot better at my auto-x event yesterday. lighter wheels and Falken Azenis. . .you're driving a Soob right? Impreza?
    GREAT! Something we agree on! :) I don't have Subaru, no. I Assume you are running STS?

Originally posted by ludikris

GREAT! Something we agree on! :) I don't have Subaru, no. I Assume you are running STS?
    I did run STS for my first event in March. BUT, the Hondata heatshield put me right in Street Mod. Honestly, I was still in good running, I had third place(i think) locked up. Was in first after my first run. Then a kid with hugely modded Civic hatch knocked like five seconds off of that run.

EDIT: The Soob comment was a total mistake, I reread your profile. You drive the Prelude during auto-x or your Toy??
    Last edited by chet; 04-29-2003 at 11:56 AM.

ludikris
    Ahh.. Yep, running the Hondata gasket would put you into street mod. I was going to install that and a test pipe, but the SM index is so much higher than STS.

I drive the Prelude in STS. I'm the Solo2 Manager for the OZark Mountain Region (OMR). I'm trying to convince my wife to come out with the Matrix, and I think she might actually try it out for during next months event. The 'Trix runs H-stock and should be pretty competitive except for the crappy stock tires. Too bad we didn't get the Protege5 since it has the same bolt pattern as the Prelude. I've got 4 sets of tires for the Lude, sure would be nice if they would fit the 'Trix! I'd like to pick up some Celica wheels and some Azenis on them, but I think that'll have to wait. It's probably wise to race only one of your vehicles at a time. :)

www.e-mcsquared.org is my personal website with videos and pics on OMR autocrosses. www.omrscca.org is the OMR website which I need to get up and running. Check out some of the videos if you like that sort of thing. Broadband helps as most are 25MB+

Yes, we all have $3000 to spend on a set of wheels. :thumbdown:
    actually the wheels mentioned appear to be going for $500.
    (not sure whether you are giving the rotas a yeah/nay)

:thumbsup: for the choped pics with the wheels on the car, thanx :)

Here's a picture of the Delfino H1 Honda Challenge car with the silly wing that I mentioned.

They showed up at an autocross in Richmond and somebody snapped them.

I think they know the wing doesn't do much good, but it surely gets them attention. :)

:D hehe shoping cart

closet cases

i'm sure the peole that give oyu the hardest time if your car is rice were the BIGGEST ricers you can imagine when the magazines were telling them it was cool. i'm sure indiana is behind california and SO WHAT? get over yourselves..its getting kind of boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i'm sure the peole that give oyu the hardest time if your car is rice were the BIGGEST ricers you can imagine when the magazines were telling them it was cool. i'm sure indiana is behind california and SO WHAT? get over yourselves..its getting kind of boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    ...=o the WHEELS

Wheels are one of the mods on my list that I will not compromise functionality for the sake of looks. I have to admit... These Rotas look really nice and clean. Good price too. But, like some of you said already, wheels made out of casting method is just not worth the money. I recommand you to save up some more money and go with Forged wheels.

Yes, SSR claims to have their wheels made semi forged. No one really knows how they do it.... But, I think it's pretty cool. My brother has SSR Competition for his WRX. And It handles great and looks great too!!! But they are not on the chep side... My first choice is Volk. If not, I will probably get SSR Competition also.

Good luck finding the wheels you are looking for!!

Originally posted by minimay7
    Wheels are one of the mods on my list that I will not compromise functionality for the sake of looks.
    Well, that's fine. But...there comes a point where it's ridiculous.

If I paid retail for the wheels on my ITR, I'd pay something like $2200 for wheels. There comes a point where it's just silly.

Yes, SSR claims to have their wheels made semi forged. No one really knows how they do it....
    I hate to jump on you, but what do you mean by

(1)They claim to be semi-forged. They are. Lots of us have SSR Comps on our cars.

(2)What do you mean no one knows how they do it? They're been making these for a few years, now.

The only caution I have for people interested in SSR Comps: They will bend. They are lightweight and cheaper than a lot of forged alloys, but they will bend before the forged alloys will bend.

Your choice of Volks: Really can't criticise your choice, there. They're great, strong wheels.

George. <-Who owns both Spoon and Rota wheels. :)

ephatch member
    Were is the love my EP3 brothers and sisters. It's all about personal taste. It nice to get an opinion from forums or friends but go with what YOU want and don't worry about what everybody else is doing, nor worry about the latest trend. Imagine if we all rolled around with EPs with all the top Mugen or Spoon stuff. We would all want to find a way to take it to another level with bigger better wheels and even wings. Great gear to dream about and maybe go for but again its your car, your car note, your insurance that you pay for you, your money that pays for the gas and your money that pays for mods that you want. If you are hardcore JDM, then go for it. I work hard for my money. I'm 28, got a low pay cubical job with a graduate degree, and I struggle with rent, credit cards, and bills, sqeezing every dollor to get the stuff I like and want for my EP3. My younger brother, on the other hand, is 19 has no job, spends most of his time playing paintball, chases girls at the local community college, lives at home, were my mom and dad pay for his note and insurance for his EP3. We are completely different people with different taste. He's hardcore JDM and plans on going with nothing but Mugen or Spoon. I'll do what I like and can afford. My brother and I share and respect each others ideas despite our aproach or philisophy on cars and in life.

I like those wheels. Go with them if you like them. (Proudly) Get some pictures up soon so we can all celabrate the new look.

Peace

I went through this JDM vs Knockoff process when shopping for wheels too. It was more about forged vs cast for me.

Forged is stronger and lighter, cast is cheaper, and just a little heavier, but still way lighter than stock.

I was thinking Mugen MF-8's or Rota C-8's. It finally came down to me deciding I would go with the cheaper of the two, because I could probably replace the whole set of C-8s 3 times for the price of one set of Mugens if they were damaged or stolen.

I ended up with the Konig Heliums. Very light, Very inexpensive to replace.

As for the N-1s, I dont like the look for the EP... looks like a good Miata wheel.

wow, haven't seen this thread in a while, since then, I would prefer forged over cast, even if cast is lighter than stock a few pounds, the plus size tires if you go with 16' - 17' would probably make up the weight, therefore I decided I'll probably go with forged for strength and weight.
    After seeing the mugen ep3 a while back, I took a strong liking to the mugen mf10, however they aren't made in 4 lug (just mf8 come in 4lug). *Anyone know what a 5lug conversion would cost?

You want to get 5-lug just so you can rock 5-lug MF-10? What a waste, it should be that you want to get 5-lug for better stability and getting bigger stock brakes. Ya feel me?????????????/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information