Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ssvr6

Options for close end, lightweight, locking lug nuts?

I know Kyokugen (sp?) has a set, but the one place that I could find that carries them (Evaisive Motorsports) is out and they're not sure when they'll be back in stock.

I want a set from anyone at this point. Close ended, light weight, and not too pricey. (The Kyokugen's are like $60 shipped or something like that).

Steve

Re: Options for close end, lightweight, locking lug nuts?

Originally posted by ssvr6
    I know Kyokugen (sp?) has a set, but the one place that I could find that carries them (Evaisive Motorsports) is out and they're not sure when they'll be back in stock.

I want a set from anyone at this point. Close ended, light weight, and not too pricey. (The Kyokugen's are like $60 shipped or something like that).

Steve
    MCGARD!!!!

they're about 60-70 bucks, spline drive, stronger than the koyokugen, slightly heavier, have a lifetime garantee on the finish, you can get them in black chrome for a little extra $$

check www.summitracing.com, the black chrome & regular chrome also have the added protection of having the tuner wheel locks on top of the already secure spline drive, so you need two keys to get the wheel off. I just bought the red capped set, they're cheaper, and they match the black/red exterior motif of the si. they are cheaper b/c they don't make red capped tuner locks, so the set obviously doesn't come with 'em.

maybe this site ... they have them wheel locks kyokugen

Kyokugen are plenty strong - I would just go with those.....

up to you though.

Thumbs up

Get McGards Splindrives.

Some say Kyokugens keys get stripped easily.

This is what I am getting!

"After spending a lot of money on a set of high performance wheels, you shouldn't have to worry about someone coming by and stealing them off of your car. That is why we offer lug nuts from Kyokugen. These nuts are unique in that they are heptagonal. That's right, they are seven sided lug nuts. While from a distance, the Kyokugen nuts look like standard lug nuts, but the only way to remove them is with the special socket provided with the set. In addition to the added security, these nuts also weigh 50% less than stock lug nuts (0.9 oz. vs. 2.1 oz.) On a car with 4 lugs per wheel, this can save you more than a pound! Sets are available in M12 x 1.5 and M12 x 1.25 and come in chrome, black, or silver. Sets are sold in packs of 20 pcs only. On sale now for $60.00. Additional special sockets are $20.00 each. Most colors and thread pitches in stock!"

Link to purchase. Not sure if in stock but go ahead and click here..

Hope this helps.

Craig

napapacoda
    craig - just want to let you know that those are not "really" locks. Unless I am mistaken, all kyokgen keys are the same so as long as the theifs own the general lock for that brand they can get em off. i put on the gorilla imitation splinedrive lug nuts and then put a locking lug nut on my wheels.

The lug nuts that came on my car from the dealer are already locking, but instead of being seven sided they have this really weird socket shape that has uneven side lengths. Looks relatively unique. No idea what brand though as it came free from the dealer.

Ahhh I see

Ahh I see. I need to order a Summit book.
    Are there such a think as closed end locking lug nuts with unique key patterns?

I pick up my Superleggeras for my EP this weekend and have to find something quick. I do not even know what size spline and thread and all that. Thanks for making this confusing LOL :'(
    But thanks for the heads up!

I bought my close end Kyokugen lug nuts from island motorsports. I got a great deal on them.

ssvr6
    Website?

Steve

www.islandmotorsports.com

They are in so cal.

kyokugen lugs are shit!

i had them on my old car, and it was a bitch getting them removed.

Originally posted by 513n179
    kyokugen lugs are shit!

i had them on my old car, and it was a bitch getting them removed.
    Ive had them for over a year now with my Slipstreams and I havn't had any problems with them at all. You can't use an air gun on them maybe thats why you had problems ?

Ive had them for over a year now with my Slipstreams and I havn't had any problems with them at all. You can't use an air gun on them maybe thats why you had problems ?
    that could be why... stupid mechanics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information