Close

Smile Does Aftermarket Header make A big Difference?

I want to turbo my car for sure, but it wont happen till next year. I was wondering if a header like Dc sports, Hp racing or the Comtech one would really make noticable gains to tide me over till next year. I have intake and exhaust, and the gains felt from them are getting old need alittle more affordable power, in the low to midrange. Which header gives the most gains for the best price?

My HP Header helped a lot for me. I was hitting 16's all the time with my short ram intake. I put the HP Header on and went to the track and hit 15's all day long. I'm sure some of the reason I ran a better time is because I learned to launch better, but the header does help.

Canuck
    the next logical step is a header once you have the intake and exhaust. I would go cheap if you are sure to do the turbo next year, thus HP or even DC for a bit more money. The Comptech unit is much more expensive, although I would love to see an EP try it out. They say the average header is worth about 4whp gains give or take.

I wanna feel something more driving but if it's not that big of a kick I can just wait. I'm getting money soon and will get wheels, a CF hood, and Cf Ctr wing, and maybe the progress rear sway tie bar setup. Just though I should add some more engine mods while I was at it. Thx

ephatch member
    If i've heard right the dc is for low/midrange gains and the hp is for high end, correct me if i'm wrong it might be the other way around but i'm pretty sure its like this... and i/h/e complement eachother when they're all installed so about 4hp may not seem like you'll feel much of a kick but in the combination of them all it just might be what you're lookin for, if you've got money and want that extra kick get nitrous, it'll give ya a kick alright

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    IMO i would wait till you get the Turbo, put that extra 400 dollars to something else....or just apply it to your turbo, or maybe hit up 2 car payments for it....

I have the same problem. I am buying parts next week but i just don't know what to get. Probably the hp header ,and the hondata gasket, oh and a pillar pod.

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    you can go with the Borla Header, they are out now for the 02-03 Si, found it for 350 if interested re-post

Eric

ephatch member
    hey are you guys getting the ses light after installing the header?

I never got a cel after my header install.

Originally posted by RedVRy81
    hey are you guys getting the ses light after installing the header?
    SRS or CEL?

Originally posted by Tenacious G

SRS or CEL?
    I never got a CEL light either...I assume he met SRS, since the r and e are close to each other :) I never got that either.

ephatch member
    ses = cel = check engine light = DAMN!

you guys are lucky, i had to run an o2 sim after installing my header to get rid of that pesky bitch!

Thread Information