Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

springs or coilovers?

ok, i know that coilovers are adjustable and springs are for a specific height. coilovers sound like the best deal but what are the drawbacks? are they difficult to raise and lower? are they not as durable as lowering springs? i've read a few threads of people that either aren't satisfied with the drop of their springs or they don't like the ride quality. the skunk2 coilovers sound like a good deal but i want to research the possibilities before i purchase anything. thanks for any help!
    :)

i have a neuspeed race dropp and still not satisfied haha but yea i would go SKUNK 2 COILS if i were u....they have a good rep....

where in san diego do u live??? i live in diego too CHULA VISTA...but always in mira mesa and san marcos....HIT ME UP ill show u my neuspeed race drop

your car will ride like crap and handle like jizz with coilovers an stock shocks.

Originally posted by Suk02Si
    your car will ride like crap and handle like jizz with coilovers an stock shocks.
    yeah, it will eventually get worse as it kills the stock shocks...koni's hmmmmmmmmmm :D

so which springs would you guys suggest then? (preferably the ones that give the lowest drop:D )

Originally posted by Blackapino85
    so which springs would you guys suggest then? (preferably the ones that give the lowest drop:D )
    neuspeed race and sprint give the drop you are probably looking for. I'm not saying coilovers are bad, but if you get coilovers, plan on getting some new shocks. Even with my progress springs I want new shocks...so maybe you may want to still look into coilovers. I'm most likely getting Skunk2 coilovers because I won't like the wheel gap with the new rims I'm getting.

Hope that helps

ephatch member
    neuspeed race probably your best bet for maximum drop in a spring. it is approx. 2.25 inch drop:)

thanks for all your help guys. how much are a set of neuspeed race springs running and from where?

ephatch member
    Originally posted by Blackapino85
    thanks for all your help guys. how much are a set of neuspeed race springs running and from where?
    check with showstoppersusa-great service/prices. i'm guessing u can pick some up for about 150 or so :)

thanks man!

I'm not saying coilovers are bad, but if you get coilovers, plan on getting some new shocks.

I'm not understanding this. I thought if you get coilovers they have shocks that are intergrated with the setup??

oh, he meant coil-over sleeves:)

Never heard of them before. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Suk02Si
    oh, he meant coil-over sleeves:)
    yeap, it seems like everyone says coilovers referring to coil-over sleeves, so I just go along with it. :)

i think that some applications include only the adjustable springs that attach to stock or aftermarket shocks ex.skunk2 some ground control(which are the ones that i was talking about) and others such as tein come complete with shocks. i'm not to sure though. correct me if i'm wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information