Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speeding

I read somewhere that the top speed of the si is 125. I had mine going that fast and it wouldn't go any faster. I was going 125 with the pedal mashed and it just wouldn't accelerate. I don't anyone can go faster than that unless you are going down a mountain or something. I want to see if my intake with increase that number but I haven't had a chance to do so yet.

took mine up to 120 so far. seemed like it had more in it too. WE'll see, i cant afford a ticket

I've had 9 speeding tickets already.

ephatch member
    so far i've taken it to 125mph

SiCivic2k2
    130 here. It was at like 6,700 rpms though so I find it hard to beleive that anyone has gone much faster than that.

Got i-VTEC??
    Well I don't know about everyone elses but mine does all of what the speedometer sais (143):)

SiCivic2k2
    Maybe mine was made different?

I've gotten mine up to 120. It seemed like she still has some more in her though.....I duno about topping out at 140-something.....that sounds a bit steep, especially the way the Si's are geared.

2002HatchSi
    125 and thats it....... the road conditions suck in new orleans..... hopefully i will have a chance soon to go faster

I read somewhere that some people that tested the new Si had gotten it up to 134. Fastest I've gotten was like a tad over 120, didn't seem like it could go any more, or at least had to wait a while......Anyone know what that crap is behind the gas petal?...maybe if u remove all that junk u can get the petal to go further?...just a though, don't flame me if I'm wrong :D

punkdork
    Originally posted by ApexinSi
    I read somewhere that some people that tested the new Si had gotten it up to 134. Fastest I've gotten was like a tad over 120, didn't seem like it could go any more, or at least had to wait a while......Anyone know what that crap is behind the gas petal?...maybe if u remove all that junk u can get the petal to go further?...just a though, don't flame me if I'm wrong :D
    Speed is limited by an ECU/gearing/power/etc., not a little block on the floor. If you remove it, chances are you'll stretch or break your throttle cable but not go any faster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information