Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by bmx269
    If you recieved a genuine Honda S2000 start button, you do not need a relay. I am confused why the people that you picked up the kit from said it was required. I should move my hazard button over, since I was one of the first to do this mod./ :) hehe
    Sorry to rain on your parade:o. I bought a kit with the button included that came with the relay. I didnt say you need one, I said that what I bought came with one and didnt mean to imply I was the first to do this. sorry for any confusion

I think you misunderstood me. I was not bragging, I was just relating on how I should move my hazard button over since it is hiding under my dash. I was questioning the relay because the honda part has a relay built into it, that is all.

Oh no problem, i didnt mean to imply that you were bragging. Your post actually got me to attempt this mod.

Great DIY. The push start is super cool.

Nice Mod!!!

I think going to some hardware store and finding a chromed ring to put around the hazard button just like the starter button will cover the roughed out edges of dremeled hole.

Yes bmx269, it's about time you do yoru hazard button!!!:D
    I recommand you to use epoxy to hold down the brackets for hazard button. I think hot glue might be too weak in a long run.

I was thinking about something like that as well, any ideas about where I might be able to find the chrome ring other than a hardware store?

ephatch member
    Neat-o beneat-o... where did you get the kit? Can we just purchase an S2000 starter button from Honda? Please let me know, as I now know what I want to do on May 2-4 weekend! Thanks!!!:D

I picked up the kit off ebay...came pre wired with relay and instructions...I would assume you could just get the switch but then you'd have to figure out the wiring.

looks good but...

I like the starter button idea. Makes the dash look that much better... the only thing is without that silver ring which appears around the start button, the hazard button dosen't look like it fits properly. If you can get one of those silver rings around the hazard button it would look way more professional. Just my personal opinion...

Here is a wiring diagram that I made.

FailureToStart
    Automotive geniusness at it's finest.

But I ponder: does your car still start when cranked with the key or because that relay was re-routed to the button it no longer works when you try to key start? Can the car be overcranked with the push button?

I would like to make a DIY that keeps from letting another person overcrank your car...like those seen on the 03 Silverado trucks, if you try to crank it after the engine has been started it won't grind.

The start button doesnt overide the key action, the key still works as usual. I did test the button while the car was running and nothing happened, no grind that you'd get if you turned the key while it was running.

Vendor
    so how does the start button work? clutch in...key to ACC, then push?

ephatch member
    Key to "ON" position, one after the "ACC"...

Excellent work!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information