Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This may help with the unfinished hole. Its not silver, but its meant for the button.

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/prod...=yes&dept=3461

St.Sinister
    why arent pics showing up? i am trying to figure this mod out, should happene within 2 or 3 weeks

cuz you are about 5 months too late! lol sorry. anyways its not that great of a mod...think about it...you have to stick your key in than into the on position and than press the button...why not get it all done in a flick of the wrist? im sure after a while the novelty of it would just turn into a PITA
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

St.Sinister
    Originally posted by plainol2k2si
    cuz you are about 5 months too late! lol sorry. anyways its not that great of a mod...think about it...you have to stick your key in than into the on position and than press the button...why not get it all done in a flick of the wrist? im sure after a while the novelty of it would just turn into a PITA
    :( special look for shows though

Originally posted by plainol2k2si
    I agree that its one of those mods that 'could' be considered 'rice' because of the practicality of it, however, it does have a function and when placed in the hazzard button location it is easily within reach to be used. IMO it finishes off the dash, and looks pretty clean. Just my .02

Here's a pic of it, the color of the dash in the picture is off because of the lighting. The actual color almost matches the insert in the headrest of the seat.

St.Sinister
    thank you, looks good

Re-attached pics, hope it helps.

I dont think it was mentioned before but how much did this cost you and how long did it take. Also could you give me the part number too? Any tips will point me in the right direction.

Thanks

i did mines

i installed my s2000 starter switch. i like it and so do the women. only problem i had was readin the direction that only came in chinese. ill post pics up when i get a chance after i finish doing the clean up

Originally posted by DumbNewB
    I dont think it was mentioned before but how much did this cost you and how long did it take. Also could you give me the part number too? Any tips will point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    I bought mine on ebay; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33691

Total time for everthing was about 3 hrs.

just curious but how much did all of you pay for the start button with everything. and is there any other place that gives specific instructions for this?

thanks

i payed 20 bucks for the euro type r s2000 starter switch.
    it has the button with a relay already pre wired.
    once you figured out where you gonna put the switch.
    all you need is some time. if you get this kit
    there is a
    red wire for power
    black wire that actually connects to the switch that has another black wire for ground
    a white wire that for ther starter
    and a yellow wire for the acc
    now this only for those who get the euro type r 2000 starter switch.
    for safety reasons you should always disconnect your battery unless you have a clifford alarm like me =oD.

first connect the two thinner wires to the switch. one will have a connection clip to connect to the relay box.

the red wire from the realy box and black wire from the switch can be tapped into you cigerett lighter outlet to produce your power and ground

secondly disconnect the brown harness from the steering columb
    in that columb you well only use the black and white in which you well connect the white wire from the relay bow to the one. and the blacn and yellow in which you well connect the yellow wire to
    once every thing is connected connect you battery again get it a shot

colbyh
    is there amy way to completely bypass the key? i know there's the whole chip in the key so your car won't start without it thing going on, but can you bypass that? i'm not much of electronics guy, that's why i'm asking.

ephatch member
    I wonder if you could use the bypass module for the car alarms, the one you need for remote start with the immobilizer... of course then somebody could just press your start button and drive off... nobody ever said the start button was a functional thing, it's just something cool to fill the void ;-)

Originally posted by fsugatorbait
    The start button doesnt overide the key action, the key still works as usual. I did test the button while the car was running and nothing happened, no grind that you'd get if you turned the key while it was running.
    push the clutch in,then push the button, then you'll hear some grinding.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information