Close

napapacoda

Apexi GT Spec Exhaust Manifold

I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard any reviews on whether this header is good or not. I am not sure if they stopped making them or not, but they are going on clearance at a few places. I have a 1998 civic EX so these look like a steal at under $350 shipped. If anyone knows a cheaper website for them please let me know. Here is the link to the apexi website, the MSRP is $599.
    http://www.apexi-usa.com/exhausts_gtmanifold.asp

I noticed that on the website it also says it "Accommodates high-horsepower engines without sacrificing mid-range torque"
    My civic has an Apexi WS exhaust and a AEM SRI, but nothing big to consider it high horsepower. Any problem with that?

Also, in case you want to read the description on it without going to the website: here it is
    "GT Spec Exhaust Manifolds are designed and built to rigorous race specifications. The manifolds are constructed of highly polished SUS 304 piping and are TIG welded for durability and strength. The collector pipes at the exhaust ports are deburred and hand-ported for optimal exhaust flow. The 4-2-1 design is used for high horsepower gains without sacrificing mid-range torque like most 4-into-1 configurations."
    Last edited by napapacoda; 05-01-2003 at 09:08 AM.

Canuck
    it's an excellent header for the money, blows away most other headers in its price range and even higher. I had that exact header on my 99 Si, and I also had the JDM CTR version which had larger piping and collector. Both were exceptionally good headers.

Joey

I've heard that the apexi has cracked for a few people out there. I only saw a few say this, back a few years ago on www.clubsi.com You might want to try looking there and searching the performance part of the forum and see if anyone can give more feedback. But that is a good price for that header

napapacoda
    Thanks for the replies. I have not had the chance to ask people in clubsi yet, but I will soon. I was wondering if anyone could guess HP increases from the item. I looked on the apexi website and could not find any dynos or anything about hp increases. I would hope that if I installed this, it would free up more HP since I have an AEM SRI and a cat-back apexi exhaust.

Originally posted by napapacoda
    Thanks for the replies. I have not had the chance to ask people in clubsi yet, but I will soon. I was wondering if anyone could guess HP increases from the item. I looked on the apexi website and could not find any dynos or anything about hp increases. I would hope that if I installed this, it would free up more HP since I have an AEM SRI and a cat-back apexi exhaust.
    it will really help complete your current setup. I'm sure the hp increase isn't going to crazy, but it will be a slight increase.

napapacoda
    Thanks again for letting me know. It seems like a good idea to get one. I talked to the guy who I am purchasing it from and he said that it does not include the bolts and the gaskets needed to install the header. I am not a mechanic (I will get my local mechanic to install it for me), but am wondering if all brands don't include these pieces? If they do not, how much do you think the additional parts needed for install will cost me and should I bother purchasing them myself or are they so common, my mechanic would most likely have them.
    Thanks for the help.

Thread Information