Close

Modifying RPM limiter...

Does anyone know how to modify the RPM limiter. Is there any cheap way to increase the RPM limiter without spending $600 for Hondata.

Thanks

Well, the two approaches I could think of are:

1.) Investing in the equipment needed to interface/program the ECU (its either Honda equipment or some other, but probably very espensive) and of course knowing how to "talk" to it.

or

2.) Hacking the data sources that go into the ECU...probably the more feasable/affordable way to do it. This would involve figuring out what signals go in from the sensors, and using various resistors etc. to modify thier signals en-route...as long as they arent digital signals. So this way doesnt permanently change anything hardware- or software-wise.

Those are the starting points, and I think #2 is the most feasible, but its still a deep subject. On the basic level, you have a resistor on the O2 sensor that tricks the signal down a degree or two, resulting in a richer mixture -> less mpg -> more hp -> more knock with 87....

There's another sensor in there called the ESS (engine speed sensor) that sends a signal to the ECU for various purposes. If you get a HELMS its location is revealed, then grab a meter and start listening.

more fuel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlasTech
    [B]

Those are the starting points, and I think #2 is the most feasible, but its still a deep subject. On the basic level, you have a resistor on the O2 sensor that tricks the signal down a degree or two, resulting in a richer mixture -> less mpg -> more hp -> more knock with 87....

How will a richer mixture make more power? you'll always see the most power when you're as lean as possible without knock.

Please dont be so cheap.

Either get a AEM ems n tune it for several hundred dollars more on top of a EMS(which isnt exacly cheap) or get the Hondata reflash. U dont have the time n resources to do ur own mod like this. But if u did why not just get the flash which has dozens of dyno runs n hours spent on r&d n not risk fuggin up your motor?
    You would risk a brand new motor in a cheap attempt to kill your motor if its not done right? doesnt make sense to me. (shrugs)
    Then again if u did kill your motor it would be a good excuse to get the a2 swap. =-) just my opinion...

hope no harm done.

You're just going to make em more determined :D

Maybe Wht-Si will teach us all something good.

Does anyone know how to modify the RPM limiter. Is there any cheap way to increase the RPM limiter without spending $600 for Hondata.
    MSD Dis-ho ignitions are less than Hondata and offer more features, i.e. 2 rev limits, nitrous and turbo compatability.

c0mf0rt
    Yeah but aren't those limits to set the rev limit below stock so you don't blow up using those applications????? The ones for the MSD I mean............

Thread Information