Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Definitely send me some sound clips. BTW, I'm the guy who PM'd you yesterday about Borla. I will hold out on the possibilty of the group buy.

Kevin

I just got my ups tracking numbers. It looks like a monday delivery but I might get lucky on friday.

Is this header 4-2 or 4-2-1?

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    4-1

whats better?

ephatch member

Thumbs up

I'm in but still kinda non-commital. Need the cash still but a header would round out my "Basic 3" . Count me in though for the numbers of buyers.

no big difference really...

you have

4_____1 so it would be the 4 pipings going into 1

4__2__1 it would be 4 piping to 2 piping to 1....so really 4-1 is just cutting out the extra tubing...

now i just spoke with Borla, and they are saying the 4-1 will need to be welded, not sure if you need to do that on a 4-2-1 piping or not...hope someone sees this that knows what i mean

Eric

If the price is under $300 shipped, im in...:D

thats what i am trying for, i am trying to get it even cheaper, i know they are holding back on me like 30 dollars or so...maybe even 50 so if we buy all 8 of the ones they have, i want to try to get this guy to ship to us @ like 250 maybe 280....

:)

Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
    no big difference really...

you have

4_____1 so it would be the 4 pipings going into 1

4__2__1 it would be 4 piping to 2 piping to 1....so really 4-1 is just cutting out the extra tubing...

now i just spoke with Borla, and they are saying the 4-1 will need to be welded, not sure if you need to do that on a 4-2-1 piping or not...hope someone sees this that knows what i mean

Eric
    Welded? geez, they use clamps for their exhaust and make you weld their header......lets go borla get with it.:(

welded??????? what the hell does that mean? Do I need a torch for the install????

yeah welding....its not alot of welding tho, i made sure of that....its just from the header to the downpipe....i am not sure if you can really do that w/o welding, its safer welding that part anyway...so your header doesnt leak all over the place...i am sure that if borla could just use clamps and know you wouldnt get leaks from the header they would do it that way....wouldnt you rather have your header nice and tight to the downpipe than having to worry that your shit is going to piss all over the place? :)

No more "do it yourself" then..... That sucks.

OOOOOOOOOOK i retract my previous statement that was a quote from Richard from Borla...

I called John @ 21st Century Exhaust, he said he opened up the package and he said that there should be NO WELDING @ all, he said that richard has no idea what he was talking about...or someone was giving us wrong information...so i apologize to everyone for that welding part...i was just passing on teh information i was getting!

Eric

o ps...john said that the header is sweeeet, its nice and BIG!!! :)

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Couple things.....

1. I don't want to weld SHIT onto my car permenantly...
    2. Ceramic coated headers are usually considered an UPGRADE from plain steel.
    3. There is a difference between 4-2-1 and 4-1 in performance (not sure exactly which is better tho)
    4. Bigger pipes are not always a good thing!! DC header has torque gains throughout powerband and HP header has more high end power. The difference?? HP has bigger piping and DC has smaller piping. Having some preassure in there helps preserve torque, where HP's higher end only comes from having bigger pipes to move more flow non restrictivly at high speed, but looses that low end torque as a result....

Does any one have ACTUAL info on what gains are to be had with the borla header and where those gains are (HP?, Torque?, High End?, Low End?)

Eric

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information