Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mugen grill-any one have this or know where to get it?

http://www.randdmotorsports.com/mugencivicsi.html

I tried a search but couldn't find if anyone has info on this grill.

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    www.kingmotorsports.com King is the only authorized Mugen distributor in the US. You probably won't find prices too much cheaper anywhere else because everyone has to go through them first anyway.

Thanks for the link! They have it for the JDM only-damn! I like the look and I hate the stock grill.
    Last edited by VBSI; 05-10-2003 at 08:51 AM.

ephatch member
    Just get the JDM bumper. I plan on getting the JDM body kit minus the front lip and getting the mugen lip and grill. I wished the hood was cheaper because I like the way it looks but I'll just get a stock shape carbon fiber one for a lot cheaper

I have to hack the bumper supports and add different ones for the JDM right?

ephatch member
    There are 2 options. Either you can hack the stock ones to get it to fit which may be bad for a crash or you can get the japanese ones for I think $200 which will work better if you ever get in a crash (the main difference is the supports on ours are designed for the 5mph bumpers on the US cars)

Visit me @ K-Series.com Mugen_EP's Avatar
    I have the Mugen grill on a USDM bumper.

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    wow, looks nice, what did you have to do to make it fit? Or did you have to do anything at all? Im pretty intrigued now....

No modifications needed for it to fit the bumper. It fits fine. I think king is saying it doesnt fit the USDM bumper so people buy the jdm conversion and they make more money.;)

ephatch member
    That's good to know. I will probably order that and the Mugen rear wing 1st, then get the JDM conversion with rear lip and side skirts, and then get the mugen front lip.

Hold off on the Mugen wing for now. Im having fitment problems right now. I was getting it installed today but it doesnt sit right. Ill keep you updated if your interested.

ephatch member
    Sure, let me know exactly what needs to be done and if it can be fit to our cars. Is the tailgate different on the USDM vs JDM cars also? I know the type-r wing has to be modified to work on our cars

The glass on the CTR's if different. The modification of the Mugen wing is basically the same that is needed on the CTR wing. Ill keep you posted as to how it goes. I think I will end up grinding the wing down to fit.

The grill looks like it sticks out a bit-or is that just the pic? They don't make a vivid blue one obviously either-so I would have to paint it. What is the material?

Originally posted by VBSI
    The grill looks like it sticks out a bit-or is that just the pic? They don't make a vivid blue one obviously either-so I would have to paint it. What is the material?
    I have to agree with you... there seems to be a small gap on the passenger side... and slight overlapping (i guess) on the drivers side... it doesn't look like it sits flush... but it might just be the pic...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information