Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: adding NOS....

SiR

adding NOS....

i'll be honest and let everyone know that i'm a newbie to NOS....my question is.....does anything stock NEED to be upgraded before installing a 50 shot of NOS?? Or can it be installed with the engine BONE STOCK? Please give me ANY information that may be relevant, and please be free to add any thoughts or extra educational info....thanks

you dont need to upgrade anything for engine internals.. until you to run over 75-100 shot.

Some of the RSX guys are running 125.. But there nuts.
    100 is pushing it depending your climate.

SiR
    another question....whats the difference between a wet kit and a dry kit, and which one is better for the ep?

wet kits add fuel and nitrous at the same time thur nozzles

dry kits use a small comptuter to tell the Injectors when to spray more fuel.. but theres none that work with our fuelless return systems

wet kits are safer ( i think ) reason, if an INJ fails your screwed.. wet kits always add more fuel so theres no way you can run to lean.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by alluStrIousTypR
    another question....whats the difference between a wet kit and a dry kit, and which one is better for the ep?
    You cant run a dry kit on a stock EP

Has anyone else noticed the same f'ing thread with the same f'ing question over and over again in this forum or is that just me??

ephatch member
    Originally posted by mhx
    you dont need to upgrade anything for engine internals.. until you to run over 75-100 shot.

Some of the RSX guys are running 125.. But there nuts.
    100 is pushing it depending your climate.
    Also thought I would comment on this. RSX guys running 125 shot completely stock... absolute stupidest thing I have ever heard, no way that engine will last. I find it hard to believe that they are actually completely stock, ie not even colder plugs or a timing retard.

ephatch member
    i gonna run aem's fuel rail its the cheapest direct port. also most effective, safest and its easy compared to plumbing the intake

Just remember to change your stock plugs.I've been told that you can't used platinum plug with NOS.Correct me if I'm wrong.

ephatch member
    you got it. im actually running a wet 50 shot with two steps colder plugs, aem fuel rail, a window timer, and a bottle blanket.
    sound good?

Originally posted by 2k2ep
    you got it. im actually running a wet 50 shot with two steps colder plugs, aem fuel rail, a window timer, and a bottle blanket.
    sound good?
    What kit are you using, any problems as of yet?

ephatch member
    sorry, going to run. I havent got it yet. I'm actually going to order it this month and planned on nx kit but have you heard of any better ones?

ssvr6
    Here's the most important piece of information that you're going to need to run this kit...

IT'S CALLED NITROUS OR N2O. NOT FUGGIN' NOS!!!!

After you've learned that, do a search and read all of the other posts.

Steve

you can call it nos if you want. we've been calling it nos for years, then this fucking movie comes out and everybody freaks about nitrous being called nos because they don't want to be associated with the movie. who cares? it's no big deal to me. some of the most hardcore guys still call it nos, they don't give a fuck about the movie or any of this "internet-put this bitch in his place" crap.

oh, and i know you are hardcore so you don't have to direct me to the boost forum. just stay hardcore, who really cares if someone calls something a certain way. that's all i am saying.

Originally posted by 2k2ep
    sorry, going to run. I havent got it yet. I'm actually going to order it this month and planned on nx kit but have you heard of any better ones?
    Thats the kit Im thinking about getting...its either 'nitrous' or hondata...havent made up my mind yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information