Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cool, have fun. You'll have to show it off if we ever end up at the same gas station or something. Maybe I'll have put in my system by that time, too.

Green Lane, PA (home) / New Rochelle, NY (school)
    are you in the service? if so, which one and where ya stationed?

ephatch member
    Man are yall drunk the 1/4 of 1 watt coming out of the rca's are more than enough to run a sub. If you want to be able to hear it though put an amp on it dumbass.

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by 2k2ep
    Man are yall drunk the 1/4 of 1 watt coming out of the rca's are more than enough to run a sub. If you want to be able to hear it though put an amp on it dumbass.
    No shyte! we know it can run it, we arent talking about running it, we are talking about actually being able to use it like its suppost to be used...and dont be callin him a dumbass, if you want to call people that shyte, go to clubsi.com they got the aceholes over there!

Eric

ephatch member
    Get bent, I get grief here all the time for stupid stuff like messpelling words and nobody says anything. not like this where if the rca's where suppose to actually run the subs the instructions would have told you to.

If you have a better pioneer unit it can be done by using the rear channels if the unit. The pioneer has a sub level filter on some units which let you run 2 fronts and and 1 sub. But in any other case the rca's will not work. It just the signal going thru them not any wattage.

I just did some research on your unit. It is possible to run a sub off of the rear channels. Please read your pioneer books that can with the unit. You would dissconnet the rear speakers and hook one of the channels up to the sub. I dont no how loud it would be but it will work.

ok then,

i am sorry...just dont want people going off on people...not cool, but i understand what you are saying

eric

Last time

Ok, for the last time! You CAN NOT run an RCA to a speaker! it will almost positively fry the head unit! You're confusing the head unit's speaker level signal with the RCAs. Yes, there are some radios that allow you to bridge the rear speaker signals from the built-in amp to a subwoofer, although it's still hardly enough power for a moderate sub. Understand what you're talking about before you go telling people it's possible.

Green Lane, PA (home) / New Rochelle, NY (school)

stop freakin arguing kiddies

damn people y'all argue too much. it's not that big a deal. i have something that'll put and end to it all anyways. and it shows that i'm not a dumbass, dumbass!!!

ONE MORE TIME!! I am not talking about the god dam rca's. On specific Pioneer units have a low pass filter on the rear (speaker) channels. He can connect the the right rear speaker wires directly to the sub. The unit then bridges the left and right channels into one sub channel @70 watts I think? This can be done. No rca's are needed.

RCAs

Z, you and I understand this, but most of the others dont get it and trying to explain it to them seems futile. Granted, from the pic of the manual, it's worded poorly. They should specify that you can use the RCA output WITH AN EXTERNAL AMP. Still, common sense should apply there. If someone doesnt understand that an RCA can't drive a speaker, they shouldnt be installing equipment.

I used to sell pioneer. I used to know it all now I cant remember how to add. I work at a bank now.

i understand what everyone is saying, i just give up on the whole situation...nothing against you PA-Si

I agree. Try to explaine hoew to hook up a home theater to a 70 year old., over the phone. When I first saw this post i started to laugh but I thought I could explaine a better way to do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information