Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Steve02Si
    The idea of using A2 internals to build up an A3 isn't exactly thinking different. It's been brought up on these forums since the cars came out. If you think you're going to save any money over an A2 swap, I'd love to see that pulled off! Besides, you still won't have a 6speed or higher rev limit (which you'd need to take advantage of the freer flowing head/cams and compression bump). Are you factoring a clutch into your budget? I'd guess the RSX-S clutch is stronger than ours. Who's going to assemble the bottom end? ...

I'd be trying to utilize what the A3 does offer over the A2: lower compression and wider gearing. What's this good for? BOOST! How about having a custom manifold made, pick up a nice T3 or 16G or something, get a stock intercooler off a turbo car, some injectors and a pump, an AFC, ... and see what happens.
    if this is how people favor trying to mod the ep....then why are we even doing anything. It's people like you that really make others not give a damn. I just wanted to say thanks. btw, the title of the topic did not say debate with thread starter that turbo is better. I'm not here to argue. I'm here to look for answers.

ephatch member
    I dunno man...it does seem kinda silly to swap almost all the internals of the A2 onto the A3 basically making it an A2 except for the block!

And since the blocks are almost identical, what the heck was the point in just not swapping the block too? Just to prove that the A3 block is just as good? That really proves nothing since the engine would be more A2 than A3, plus the blocks were almost identical to begin with...which makes all the work sort of pointless...

But, whatever floats your boat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information