Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

To install myself or get Honda to do it??

I got my Tein Springs and SPC camber kit. There aren't too many garages in my area that do springs so the Honda dealership gave me a quote of 337.95 for everything including an alignment. My question is after reading all the how to articles should I attemp to install these myself? The whole process doesn't look that difficult to do and I have all the tools to do it just not too sure on how to install the camber kit.

well installation isnt too hard. i instlled tein ss with my friends in couple hours. everythings stright forward. same as springs.
    price isnt too bad i guess . usually alignment cost 50-70.
    spring 150 camber kit 50. id say go do it yourself, get one of your friend to help out . you be saving some money

http://www.pryor.ws/honda/gallery1.htm
    go check out that site.
    good DIY

Re: To install myself or get Honda to do it??

Originally posted by Si02
    I got my Tein Springs and SPC camber kit. There aren't too many garages in my area that do springs so the Honda dealership gave me a quote of 337.95 for everything including an alignment. My question is after reading all the how to articles should I attemp to install these myself? The whole process doesn't look that difficult to do and I have all the tools to do it just not too sure on how to install the camber kit.
    There is a honda dealer that will install springs without voiding warrenty??!?!... Si02 .. tell me more. I'm willing to drive out there to get my setup done.

ephatch member
    I never asked anything about whether or not it would void the warranty but he didn't tell me it would void it. If something goes wrong with the engine they can't blame it on the springs. The dealership is called Reading Honda. Isn't there any Honda dealerships by your way? It pisses me off they charge so much considering people in Cali gotem put on for under 100 bucks....

ephatch member
    Yeah under $100 without alignment but then again 50-100 for an alignment and 50 for the camber kit install and it is still less. For me it would be $210 for everything

I took my car into the dealership for some warranty work, and they didn't say anything about my springs. Well, they said they made the car look awesome, but that's about it. Nothing else.

I paid $220 for an install and alignment at a local shop.

ephatch member
    Well I'm going to install these on Friday hopefully everything goes smooth.

I'd pay someone to do it if you aren't familiar with working on a car. The tie rod is a bitch if you don't know how to pop it from the strut. You also have to be very carefull that you don't let the axle fall out as well.

ephatch member
    I consider myself mechanically inclined and I do alot of research before I attempt anything. I've been reading about how to install springs for a week now. The tie rod isn't a bitch if you got a tie rod seperator and as far as the axle falling out I plan on strapping up so it won't drop too far. I also have a buddy helping me who has installed springs on another car already. Oh yea I'm also going to apply a shit load of grease!!!!

I say go for it. Do it yourself. and Goodluck

honda told me that they don't install non-honda parts...

Originally posted by 513n179
    honda told me that they don't install non-honda parts...
    you mean, your dealership, not honda told you that...I guess. Most dealerships are different. Some will do it, some won't. Nothing is what it seems.

redline every shift!!!!!!
    yea when i asked the honda dealership pottstown pa they told me now way . they dont install after market stuff. so me and a friend did it and it went fine. been on like a week and love it . tiens are a good spring for the money

ephatch member
    Are you from Philly or Pottstown? Which springs did you install? Also is there a special grease to use or any grease will do? Final question.....for now is do u have to take the complete strut out the rear? My buddy told me you don't but I think hes wrong. Thanks the spring installation day is near.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information