Close

00sir

Cool RSX-s springs...

Anyone try to use the stock rsx-s springs on the SI to see if it would lower an inch or so and firm up the ride?

Steve
    00sir

SLOlife
    I have the same question about the CTR springs:D

These are questions for Hondaman, who works for a Honda store, or a very cooperative parts dept rep who is willing to look up the part #s for you. However, if you go the latter route, even if CTR and RSX-R parts are interchangeable with the Si, the part #s are probably going to be at least one digit different to distinguish the Honda parts from the Acura parts. I found that out when I was shopping for little stuff like an oil filter wrench: the Honda part # ended in 00; the Acura # was 01; same part. Also, if you search the threads, I think I recall reading here that the CTR and the Si have the same spring rates. Now, whether the use of CTR spring would lower an Si, I haven't a clue.

Canuck
    from what I can tell the CTR springs are different than the RSX-S. I wouldn't waste any time on the RSX-S springs they don't seem much lower than our cars. I know The CTR springs offer a 15mm drop, which is less than one inch, closer to .75". I've gone the route of Eibach Pro-Kits with just over one inch drop. I don't like the slammed look, but I do want my car to sit lower, so Pro-Kits seem like what I am looking for. Pretty affodable too. If you were to buy new springs from an Acura dealer they would be much more expensive than any aftermarket spring, unless you found a used set somewhere.

These are questions for Hondaman
    You mean HondaTech...right? ;)

Originally posted by HondaMan

You mean HondaTech...right? ;)
    Yep. That's what I get for typing early in the a.m. without any coffee onboard.

00sir

Question Any others...

That only lower the car an inch or so...
    Besides eibach?

Most all say 1.5 to 2.5 inches...

Thanks!

Thread Information