Close

i need to paint a mugen grill....where???

im getting a mugen grill...or at least my gf is buyin it for me :)...but anyways, i know that the grill comes in white but my car is nbp...so should i get it painted at honda so the paint matches or should i do it at a independant shop???what would the price differences be and would it be worth it to spend the extra money letting honda paint it or would it be minute differences???

go to local dealer and local shop to check out price for painting grill. that depends on ANY shops. im sure local paint shop can match NBP color pretty good

ephatch member
    u could get it painted at a reputable shop. any reputable shop should be able to paint match it to ur car and make it look perfect. check around for pricing. I know mugenep did his, forgot how much exactly he said it cost for the paintjob part of it.

Just a question, r u sure that the mugen grill fit into the USD Si bumpber?

im not sure how shops match it...but i was able to get my engine cover, washer nozzles, rear liscence plate frame, and mudguards painted Taffetta white but supplying them when a color code... nh XXXX thats how i did it...i dunno if its different over there but thats how i did mine.
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
    u could get it painted at a reputable shop. any reputable shop should be able to paint match it to ur car and make it look perfect. check around for pricing. I know mugenep did his, forgot how much exactly he said it cost for the paintjob part of it.
    i think the paint job was free coz it took the shop forever to paint tony's grill.

"Just a question, r u sure that the mugen grill fit into the USD Si bumpber?" - yeah...check out mugenEP's ride :D

Its easy for a shop to match the paint, since its a new vehicle the paint is going to be the same as the paint code and also a shop can match up paint by buffing and detailing to make it look perfect, try to go to a local shop though because it should be cheaper then a Honda dealership. Im guessing that it will cost you about $100.00 to paint it because its about $20.00 for the paint and the rest will go to labor and will only take a day. Good luck though

Thread Information