Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you really only knew what kind of wax hurts the paint of a car or helps is, let me ask you one question does it have silicon in it?

Adam

As far as I know, none of the above have silicone in them. Zaino, Platinum and Klasse are all polymer products. I'm not sure of the base for Platinum and Zaino, but the Klasse is an acrylic base.

I know for sure that the Meg's Dual Action is silicone free. It's part of their body shop safe line.

alwayscleaning, your car looks really good. I love black cars, especially when they are clean!

Originally posted by AkronSi
    As far as I know, none of the above have silicone in them. Zaino, Platinum and Klasse are all polymer products. I'm not sure of the base for Platinum and Zaino, but the Klasse is an acrylic base.

I know for sure that the Meg's Dual Action is silicone free. It's part of their body shop safe line.

alwayscleaning, your car looks really good. I love black cars, especially when they are clean!
    No Silicone = Good Wax

Has Silicone = Bad Wax

alwayscleaning
    Thanks man, it is one of my customer's.

No Silicone = Good Wax
    I think in the body shop world it is very important to use silicone free products. For the everyday Joe a wax like meguiar's #26 is not going to hurt anything, and it is definitely NOT silicone free. I think it is important to remember that there are good silicones and bad silicones. I would hate to bore myself or anyone else here with the chemisry, but you can always go to www.autopia.com and read up on this for yourself. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.:)

I paint cars for a living and in my opinion all silicone is bad except the silicone in a girls boobies, let me ask you this... do you know what silicone coses?

Adam

alwayscleaning
    Originally posted by Team
    I paint cars for a living and in my opinion all silicone is bad except the silicone in a girls boobies, let me ask you this... do you know what silicone coses?

Adam
    Do you mean fish eyeing in the painting process. Or do you mean what it causes on vinyl surfaces over long periods of times? And what types of silicone are we talking about? So maybe I don't, fill me in.

Na bro you have it right, im just talking about fisheyeing. I see it every day and boy does that piss a painter off.

Adam

ephatch member
    zaino is the best wax I've ever used. it goes on easy, and with the ZFX flash cure accelerator, i can put on multiple coats, and not wait 5 hrs between coats. I washed my car with dishsoap about 2 monthes agoe, and then used zaino pre wax cleaner, then did 2 coats of wax. The finish was quite good. A week later I washed my car with "wax safe" car wash soap, then put on a third coat. The third coat made it like glass! It was soo smooth. Two more weeks later I washed and put on the forth coat. The finish is hard and extreemely smooth to the touch. I wont buy anything else. A+

I can't wait to try this stuff
    Mines on order and I should have it in the next couple of days. I can't even believe some of the daily driven cars that I've seen. Seem's like alot of work but well worth it in my opinion....
    I've never seen paint look that good EVER!!!

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    Ah,

I just use Mothers wax...Then 1ce every 2 months i will do the Mothers 3 step wax...does the same...

Endless_EP
    I just ordered a kit from Zaino but still dont have time to put it on. My friends have been using them.. and got recommended by them.. Man. the real 100% towels are so expensive. For those people who have alreayd bought it, know what i am talking about.. anyhow.. i will let you guys know how do i feel about Zaino in comparsion to Meq**** (the product that i used for many years) ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information