Close

JayDMep

Help ------> Audio install

I have a Kenwood KVT911DVD (in dash dvd) I want to know where i can get the kit to do the install on my si.

You can't....or shouldn't yet. You've probably seen this if you read the other posts but there is no kit out yet for the 2K2 Si. American International's generic black Civic kit will work but won't fit right. We've been promised that our silver kits will be out in the next couple weeks by Metra and Scosche but they've been delayed a couple times. I'm impatient, too. I have a brand new Premier 840 sitting on my dining room table. I guess we just have to wait for now. As soon as they're out, Crutchfield and local shops should have them/ be able to get them so be pestering them.

-MIKAEL

as of this last week, Metra Electronics already is shipping the kit....

C'est vrai?

Metra's only shipping the black one, though, right? I heard it'll still be a couple weeks for the silver.

-MIKAEL

JayDMep
    Originally posted by miamijdm
    as of this last week, Metra Electronics already is shipping the kit....
    Do you know the part number?

Ya...what is the part number for this becuase i want to install my stereo HELLA bad

99-7860 is the kit for the new si....

JayDMep
    what site did you get that from

ephatch member
    JayD, i used to have that deck, well, the 910dvd...when i put it in my si i really didn't like it...it blocks the vents in the center of the dash and just plain didn't appeal to me in the civic...but when i did put it in i hard mounted it to the stock deck chassis and it looks ok, same with my current deck...can't wait till those silver kits expose themselves

JayDMep
    Originally posted by Silver '02 Si
    JayD, i used to have that deck, well, the 910dvd...when i put it in my si i really didn't like it...it blocks the vents in the center of the dash and just plain didn't appeal to me in the civic...but when i did put it in i hard mounted it to the stock deck chassis and it looks ok, same with my current deck...can't wait till those silver kits expose themselves
    thanx for the info.... I work at Best Buy and I know we are waiting for some samples from metra then we should be carrying them!

ephatch member
    hey Jay since you work at bestbuy can you let me know when its ready so i can swing by and pick one up?:)

JayDMep
    for sure! I am trying to get him (dist..aka big corporate guy) to order but he said metra is lagging with the sample kits

Thread Information