Close

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Kathryn's Si

Unicron loves the shocker seattlecivic's Avatar

Thumbs up wow

I've never seen the thread until today! :-) Great looking car... Hey, can you post more pics of yourself too!!!!??? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Originally posted by k20hatch
    But to "get" a sponser most of the time you have to have alot of money already in your car. Companys like to chose peoples cars with quality work, or which somthing that stands out from the rest. So therefor your time and money play a part in there somwhere!
    okay okay fine...jeeeeze! although...She DID have money already from her last "project"
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Originally posted by plainol2k2si
    yeah, i see!

okay well, i really meant no disrespect...i mean it IS a nice car, i might just be jealous :D

but yeah, FROM MY POINT OF VIEW IN MY HUMBLE OPINION...doing the work and putting my time and blood and sweat into my car is what matters more.

Thanks for the props everyone.

But as for my sponsors, yes they do help out alot.But it is not easy as it seems. Getting sponsored is not as easy as calling them up and saying "hey can i get some free parts?" Sponsors take a lot of work. I can alomst call them my long-distance boyfirends. Not only do they want to use my car for their booths, but I have to call them, write them, update them on the car and shows, send pictures of the new parts on the car, and even meet with them in person on occasion. This takes up alot of my personal time and can get hectic throughout the show season. Thats why my weekends are normally booked for shows and race events (example I will be out of town 3 weeks out of this month, just got back form SEMA IAS Atlantic City NJ...good show by the way)

As for the blood, sweat, and tears...trust me I still get those. Yes I have to put the parts on, which dont always come with everything you need, which means more $ out of my pocket. But I amost have tyo get the car to all the shows, which can mean in 7 states away and in less than a weeks notice. Then when I can not get the car there, or atleast in one piece the tears can start flowing. So yes it may seem easier, but live the life in my shoes for one day and they can not only be painful from the heels alone, but also from the constant stress of making my sponsors happy. Don't get me wrong, I love this scene more than anything in the world and would never take back all my contacts and sponsorships. You be suprised how many friendships I have made over the years.:D

I will post some updates pics soon, I am picking the car up today from the shop!:angel:

Nice look

GIRL'S CAN DO IT UP TOO

You're the real deal. Nice ride. Not quite my style, but very nice. Keep it up:)

Kathryn wrote:
    SEMA IAS Atlantic City NJ...good show by the way)
    I Missed SEMA?? God damnit I was gonna go this year! :( and I live like an hour away from Atlantic City, too!!

Is there anymore coming this year????

:(

Your car looks stellar in person. Last time I saw it, the rear was DUMPED. Looks just absolutely amazing.

See ya soon, and I returned that PM. :)

Andrew
    Last edited by 007; 05-25-2004 at 04:26 PM.

Originally posted by Kathryn
    Thanks for the props everyone.

But as for my sponsors, yes they do help out alot.But it is not easy as it seems. Getting sponsored is not as easy as calling them up and saying "hey can i get some free parts?" Sponsors take a lot of work. I can alomst call them my long-distance boyfirends. Not only do they want to use my car for their booths, but I have to call them, write them, update them on the car and shows, send pictures of the new parts on the car, and even meet with them in person on occasion. This takes up alot of my personal time and can get hectic throughout the show season. Thats why my weekends are normally booked for shows and race events (example I will be out of town 3 weeks out of this month, just got back form SEMA IAS Atlantic City NJ...good show by the way)

As for the blood, sweat, and tears...trust me I still get those. Yes I have to put the parts on, which dont always come with everything you need, which means more $ out of my pocket. But I amost have tyo get the car to all the shows, which can mean in 7 states away and in less than a weeks notice. Then when I can not get the car there, or atleast in one piece the tears can start flowing. So yes it may seem easier, but live the life in my shoes for one day and they can not only be painful from the heels alone, but also from the constant stress of making my sponsors happy. Don't get me wrong, I love this scene more than anything in the world and would never take back all my contacts and sponsorships. You be suprised how many friendships I have made over the years.:D

I will post some updates pics soon, I am picking the car up today from the shop!:angel:
    :::sigh::: i feel bad. Im sorry. I just ive got a bad case of the jealousies. :o
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

nice ep ... i'll give you two thumbs up. just don't go "ricing" it out like you did the em1. poor, poor car.

love the way the 19s look on the car, performance wise did it slow it down alot or is it about the same? nice to see a girl thats into cars and shows ... and one thats from the south. i'm down in columbus,ga and could have sworn i seen your ep. have you been down this way before?

whoa its been a while since i last saw u on the boards kathryn.
    but yah id also like to see some updated pix of your car.

Kathryn,

A partial pic of your car is on p.94 of the June 04 issue of Honda Tuning. The show was East Coast Xtreme Showoff. :)

-Andrew

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information