Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Here's what I found out so far regarding the brake piston sizes. I'm going to assume that the Si and RSX base are the same. Checking Acura part numbers, the Type S and base have different master cylinders, prop valve, and front caliper pistons (that part we know). Rear brakes are the same. Now, I checked with my engineer friend at Stoptech, he's also one of the top Honda Challenge H1 drivers.

First, the "proportioning valve" does not provide any kind of brake balance. What it is does is diverts the brake pressure to either the right front and left rear, or left front and right rear in the event of a sudden loss of fluid at any wheel. It's a safety valve that allows the brake system to retain pressure and still work in an emergency.

Second, I asked him about benefits of installing an adjustable proportioning valve. He said it wouldn't do anything, the ABS is already there to and does the job.

I also asked about installing a Type S master cylinder, he thought they used the same piston sizes. In short, he said that I don't need to do anything. What I'll do is use different compound pads to balance the brakes, if necessary. I've got Hawk HPS on the front and stock on the rear. If it seems the rear is not grabbing enough, I'll put on more agressive pads, or vise versa.
    Last edited by cpu519; 04-30-2004 at 10:41 PM.

that looks fuckin tight as hell. I think im still gonna go with aems tho :/ I DO LOVE THAT PICTURE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information