Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

g

those wheels actually look good on the ep3...are you able put Honda caps instead acura ?nice job bro

That looks sweet man! It just seems like a lot of trouble to me...

if the 04 si comes w/5lug it may make it a lot easier...

Anyway to post the pics back up fo us to see?:sadm:

I reuploaded the pics to Imagestation and updated the links in the posts, but the pics don't show up right away for some reason. You may have to right click the red x and choose "show picture", it may or may not show up right away. Once all the pics start showing up, I suggest saving each pic or each page of the thread so you always have it.

if I were to get a wilwood 5lug big brake kit for the rsx, what parts would I still need to apply them to my 02si? (hubs, axles...not sure what else)? Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by StrangeShadow
    if I were to get a wilwood 5lug big brake kit for the rsx, what parts would I still need to apply them to my 02si? (hubs, axles...not sure what else)? Thanks a lot.
    You would need the knuckles, hubs (w/bearings), ABS sensors, and axles. I found out that you can interchange the calipers and rotors from the base RSX and Type S, so the hub and knuckles seem to be the same, maybe also the axles. So you can look for base RSX parts as well to do the the swap.
    Last edited by cpu519; 04-16-2004 at 09:11 AM.

Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
    with the rsx 5 lug conversion like this. will the jdm CTR 17 inch rims fit? i heard it wont because its a different offset that the CTR ep3 5 lugs. any one? i would love to go junkyeard and get and rsx five lug because it would be cheaper than getting the actual ep3 CTR 5 lug. gosh.. things i do for jdm hhehe.
    I did the rsx 5 lug conversion and I have just installed the CTR wheels. It appears to me the offset is different. The wheels are more set in. I wonder what parts I need to get them pushed out. I guess I could use a spacer, but I would rather fix it the right way. Anyone know exactly what parts would be required? Pictures of my car is here http://groups.msn.com/RorySBrown/hon...3pictures.msnw

i think type r wheels are 50mm offset

you can always get extended wheel studs and wheels spacers

I live my life Turbo Free
    those wheels look pretty good on there, i wonder how they would look on a VBP....between the drop and the wheels, the wheel openings are filled out nicely

Originally posted by Suk02Si
    i think type r wheels are 50mm offset

you can always get extended wheel studs and wheels spacers
    From what I have read the CTR wheels are a +45mm offset, my aftermarket ones where a +40mm offset. Certainly extended studs and a spacer would be the least expensive fix.

Thumbs up

Rorysbrown, that's the cleanest Type R conversion I've seen yet. Beautiful! You're an inspiration!

I didn't change the proportioning valve. I'll check if it needs to be changed. I have a friend who's an engineer at Stoptech, he'll know for sure.

Originally posted by blackdc5
    cpu: I went from base to Type S brakes, and someone mentioned to me that I should change the Prop. Valve.
    You don't have to change it but it is to your advantage to use the type-S one.

Originally posted by todaCspec
    You don't have to change it but it is to your advantage to use the type-S one.
    You're probably right. I was researching this. If the front Si caliper cylinders are the same as the Type S, and both the Type S and Si use the same size master cylinder and rear caliper cylinders, then the only difference would be the front brake diameter. The increase in front diameter would increase the brake bias toward the front, making the rear brakes do less work (there's more to this but the net effect is the rear brakes aren't working as hard as before). I'm going to check on the sizes of the master cylinder and caliper pistons of the Type S and Si. If the only difference is the front caliper pistons, then I'll get a Type S prop valve. But if there are more differences, it might be easier and cheaper to install an adjustable prop valve. I have a Wilwood unit that I never used. For testing I would have to disable the ABS temporarily, then adjust the prop valve so the front and rear lock up at the same time, or the fronts just slightly ahead of the rear. Gotta call my Stoptech friend on this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information