Close

Thread: oh SNAP!

oh SNAP!

make sure you torque down the bolts on your progress sway. i don't know if one of the D-bushing bolts snapped on me or if it just loosened and fell out.

i looked underneath today for another reason entirely and saw the bushing slid over and the bracket all bent.

argh...

so check your bolts periodically if you don't already. i called progress and will just pick up a replacement at the hardware store on the way home today.

here's what i saw:

where's my bolt?

and what do i spy...?

different angle...

picture me rollin - 2pac toe knee's Avatar
    damn that sucks!! what are the torque specs for the sway?

torque specs SHOULD be in the install directions, though i don't remember seeing them. i think it says to use the "factory" specs... whatever those are.

does anyone know?

i just tightened mine until it wouldn't tighten any more... the old "maximum n8-foot-pounds" method.

is that your subframe ripping??? must have happended when the bolts came out. That sucks. Same thing happended to me when I had a ST rear sway on my last car...the fuckers just came right out!

Ask cone killer about the torque. He's had his for a while, and autocrosses and has never had that problem so far.

Angry BS

Their "hardware" should be called software. . .Progress DID NOT do a good job on the "U" brackets. The holes are too facking big for the sorry assed bolts and washers enclosed with the kit. They really should have included either a thick washer (that won't bend into the holes when tightened) or a flanged blot just like the factory one

BS. . . I'm going to hound "Progress" into making some progress on that hardware. They're office to too close to my home. . .a visit is in order (with your pics).

If you subframe is ripping that really really sucks :'(

HOLY CRAP!

i hope that's not a subframe tear...

i didn't even notice that before. i'll have to jack it up when i get home.

AAAAAAAA!

:'(

at least u know the sway bar does something if its made/installed good..

not saying you didnt install good just pointing out what sway bars do :)

I just had my Helms out the other day installing the CTR bar. Factory torque specs are:

stabilizer links (with the hex middle): 28 lbf-ft

u-shaped bushing holders: 16 lbf-ft

cool. thanks for the torque specs.

i just checked (again), but it doesn't seem like there's any damage. the line above the u-bracket looks that way on both sides, so it's probably just a weld or something. it's a little dirty, so maybe that's what looks like it could be a tear in the pics. i think it's fine, though.

the people at work must think i'm batty going out to check my car every five minutes...

i might try using the factory brackets instead of the progress supplied units. will they fit? do they seem stronger? when i took off the factory bar, the whole arrangement seemed pretty weak.

I have never done this install but I would say add lock washers to it when you put in the new bolts. I would think this would help from it coming lose again.

Re: BS

Originally posted by EP33

Their "hardware" should be called software. . .Progress DID NOT do a good job on the "U" brackets. The holes are too facking big for the sorry assed bolts and washers enclosed with the kit. They really should have included either a thick washer (that won't bend into the holes when tightened) or a flanged blot just like the factory one

BS. . . I'm going to hound "Progress" into making some progress on that hardware. They're office to too close to my home. . .a visit is in order (with your pics).
    if they can produce a beefier bracket and bolt combo, i want a set... free of charge. please pm me with any details or info. on a contact there. thanks.

Thread Information