Close

The Longest Wait.....Almost Over?

This has been hit on several times so I thought I'd just start a new thread for any updates you guys have heard.

As I understand it, Metra officially released a custom 2k2 Si dash-kit on the 5th. The local shop ordered one for me but it isn't here yet. I was all excited that the wait was over but now I'm getting suspicious. I'll let you know if I get it and post pics. Oh, the bad news: it's black. Doesn't make much sense to me but that's what I was told with a silver clost to follow. I got my Premier 840 today and can't wait to put it in. The Pioneer units are teh same silver as out center dash piece so maybe it will look okay with a black kit surrounding it. We'll see.

As far as the others, American International called me today trying to sell me last year's Civic kit which fits but not seemlessly. They had no info on a new one. I know Scosche (sp?) is supposed to be out any day but I still haven't heard of anyone getting their hands on one.

-MIKAEL

what is the contact info for Metra do you know or can you find out thanks

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    CONTACT INFO FOR METRA...

1-800-221-0932

PART # FOR OUR 2002 Civic Si
    (Yes it's for the unreleased Titanium Silver matched kit)

PN- 99-7860

I was told Thursday August 15th that the prototype kit is now a finalized design and will be mass produced within 2-3 weeks.

The part # above was given to it on the 15th...

Metra assigns part numbers incramentally, and would not give a number until a product is finalized and being produced...

Good Luck!!

P.S. - Tech support at that number is fully aware of our situation. If you call - speak to them as the sales people are dumb and automatically think you need the generic 2002 civic kit (black).

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    I have my Scosche silver matched kit still on order since June - supposed to be released early Sept. but we shall see. The part # is "HA1567SI" if anyone wants to order it. It's supposed to be $25 plus shipping. Their phone # is 1-800-363-4490. The two guys I spoke to are really helpful and seem to have the most current info.

Thread Information