Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ephatch member
    That's awesome. Hope it turns out they are ready for you to get it on your car. Deffinitly let us know how it turns out. Thanks.

i'm back from magnaflow... it went on easy. mr. polonia (head of the company) was there today and watched the fitting as well.

i think the system part number is going to stay 15757 (it was hand written on the muffler), but the description on their web site is going to have to change to something like:
    2.25" mandrel bent tubing, 4" hollow resonator, 5"x8"x11" muffler with 3.5" diameter 4" long double wall dual tips (basically a 14805 shortened to 11").

here are some junky photos (digital camera :( - overall palm zire 71 :) ):

they did not dyno it again today, but the development dyno showed about 7hp gain and a fairly significant increase in sound levels.

my first impression is that the tone is great (deep without rasp) and is pretty loud inside the car (unsure as to whether it is loud outside the car or not). i really like the look and tone of the system, but i don't want loud. i wrote down the develoment sound levels somewhere... but as i recall it never went over the ca legal limit.

sorry, as i expected the development guys didn't want to discuss a group buy...
    Last edited by glw; 07-25-2003 at 08:59 AM.

ephatch member
    Awesome. I kind of wanted the 4" single tip, but the dual tip looks good too. I just hope it sounds similar to my old magnaflow setup with my '97 civic. By the way do you know what the Ca. db limit is? Thanks.

Looks awesome? Do you guys know if they will sell just the catback?

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    I'm extremely interested........That exhaust sounds incredible. Keep us posted please!:D :)
    Mel

Originally posted by trabadoo22
    Awesome. I kind of wanted the 4" single tip, but the dual tip looks good too. I just hope it sounds similar to my old magnaflow setup with my '97 civic. By the way do you know what the Ca. db limit is? Thanks.
    the ca vehicle code (27151b) says 95 dbA or less is allowed for vehicles weighing less than 6000lbs.

ok, heres a few better pictures than the other post. click on 'em to see a larger version...

Last edited by glw; 06-13-2003 at 04:00 PM.

ephatch member
    Sweeeeeet....;)

ephatch member
    Damn I just went on their site and they raised the damn price. They are almost in the Greedy and HKS catagory as far as price.:( I guess I should have ordered it last week like I wanted to.

ephatch member
    Nice. It looks alot better in those pics. If it complies with the 95db limit it should be fairly quiet compared to alot of other exhaust systems. For pricing check out www.Hottexhaust.com . I got mine for, I think, $322 with free shipping. The company is out of Canada, but they ship to US. I believe it gets shipped out straight from Magnaflow because they said they would be shipping it from California.

Any ideas when the new design will be available?

Lots of sites say they have the old design, but I wonder if they still have it or not and when they're going to get the new one.

Originally posted by Black03Si
    Any ideas when the new design will be available?

Lots of sites say they have the old design, but I wonder if they still have it or not and when they're going to get the new one.
    i asked my guy this morning and he said they only made a sample of the original design and never sold it. he said that mine was one of the first new type to be built, but that they made a whole run of them (he didn't give the exact number - but i got the impression of around 20 or so). he said that the first run of the new type is available now. the fit is great - the sound is great (although a little loud inside the car for my tastes) - the power is great, too. overall, i'm quite happy with it!

if anyone is woried about losing low end torque like i was... don't be. the dyno showed an increase in torque of 10-15 ft-lbs across the entire rpm range and the hp showed a 5-10 increase.

ephatch member
    Damn. If that's true about the torque gains that is alot, especially since our cars don't have alot to begin with. Man I can't wait to get mine. Everyday I wake up hoping I get a call from the company I ordered it from saying it's going to ship. I ordered it like a month ago so I'm pretty eager to get it by now.

I just called hottexhaust.com and here's what they said. They said the new design started shipping today, and the guy quoted me a price of $322 shipped. So, it doesn't look like the price is going up. I think I'm going to call back here in a little bit and place my order.

Also, as mentioned before, the part number will stay 15757.
    Last edited by Black03Si; 06-13-2003 at 01:28 PM.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Black03Si
    I just called hottexhaust.com and here's what they said. They said the new design started shipping today, and the guy quoted me a price of $322 shipped. So, it doesn't look like the price is going up. I think I'm going to call back here in a little bit and place my order.

Also, as mentioned before, the part number will stay 15757.
    Sweet! Thanks for helping the rest of us out!
    Mel

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information