Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    ephatch member
    I just got mine in today and got it installed. It's deffinitly louder than my other Magnaflow exhaust system. For sound it's very deep, almost makes my car sound like a v6. Deffinitly the deepest exhaust I've ever heard on a 4 cylinder. Added power is pretty noticable from about 4000 rpm's to redline. The dual tips look good, but I was kind of set on the single 4" tip that I had on my old car. Right after I ordered it I saw the HKS and kinda wished I would've held out to buy it. For the price of this exhaust I don't think you will find anything better imo. I guess I'm more into a quiter exhaust though. Keep in mind I'm very harsh when it comes to an exhaust system. I think the sound and look of an exhaust system is just as important as wheels so take this post with a grain of salt.

ephatch member
    I just got mine delivered today. Hopefully tomorrow it will be installed. I cant believe how big the tips are. I thought they were stock size but they are way bigger. Tomoorow I'l post my first impressions.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    I'm really interested in this exhaust but seem a little weary as everyone is stating that it's a little loud.......Is the volume inside the car that bad? The reason I'm asking is that I do a lot of highway/long trip driving and don't want to have to turn my tunes up to the point that I can't hear the person next to me or feel that high pressure resonating in my ears. Any opinions out there from those of you that have had it beyond the break in period? Is this on of the quieter exhausts? I'm ready to buy but would prefer some more opinions. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance everyone!
    Mel

Originally posted by oogy-boogy
    I'm really interested in this exhaust but seem a little weary as everyone is stating that it's a little loud.......Is the volume inside the car that bad? The reason I'm asking is that I do a lot of highway/long trip driving and don't want to have to turn my tunes up to the point that I can't hear the person next to me or feel that high pressure resonating in my ears. Any opinions out there from those of you that have had it beyond the break in period? Is this on of the quieter exhausts? I'm ready to buy but would prefer some more opinions. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance everyone!
    mine is mellowing and has gotten quieter since the install. i've only put a few hundred miles on it and i'm told it will mellow for the first 1000. i really like the look, the deep tone, and the dyno chart of it on my car - but mine is still a little loud for me from about 3200-4000 rpm under acceleration. i have an autox at the end of the month and was going to see if that helps mellow it some more.

remember that i'm an old guy, almost 40, so i'm more sensitive to the noisey stuff.

i think that i might change the mid section (~3 foot section that has the resonator) to a different magnaflow muffler.

Pimpin' the News Van Jaws Of Death's Avatar

Thumbs up

That looks really clean. For the price it seems perfect. I think I've found my catback.:D

Originally posted by glw
    mine is mellowing and has gotten quieter since the install. i've only put a few hundred miles on it and i'm told it will mellow for the first 1000. i really like the look, the deep tone, and the dyno chart of it on my car - but mine is still a little loud for me from about 3200-4000 rpm under acceleration. i have an autox at the end of the month and was going to see if that helps mellow it some more.

remember that i'm an old guy, almost 40, so i'm more sensitive to the noisey stuff.

i think that i might change the mid section (~3 foot section that has the resonator) to a different magnaflow muffler.
    Thanks for the info :D
    Mel

Vtec_Czar helped me install mine last night. It was pretty simple. Hardest part was getting the bolts off that connect the midpipe to the cat.

The fit was perfect. Looks and sounds great. I would definitely recommend this catback. Plus, for $322 shipped you can't beat it.

ok, i finally got someone to drive my car today so that i could hear the magnaflow catback from the outside. it sounds nice and deep... not loud at all. i guess my belief that it was too loud was just that i'm a wimp and that my ears are getting too old!

ephatch member
    Well I've had mine installed since Friday and it is definately louder than when I just had my MagnaFlow muffler on. I was told it will get quieter as the miles get put on. It is really deep and sounds wicked. As far as performance wise I am really impressed. I can feel the increase in power and torque. I am completely satisfied with my exhaust and I recommend this to anyone looking for a good complete exhaust. If your looking for something quiet then I would go another route. This exhaust sounds mean. If I had a cam I would record some sounds. Like I said I like it....;)

ephatch member
    Well I've had mine installed since Friday and it is definately louder than when I just had my MagnaFlow muffler on. I was told it will get quieter as the miles get put on. It is really deep and sounds wicked. As far as performance wise I am really impressed. I can feel the increase in power and torque. I am completely satisfied with my exhaust and I recommend this to anyone looking for a good complete exhaust. If your looking for something quiet then I would go another route. This exhaust sounds mean. If I had a cam I would record some sounds. Like I said I like it....;) I asked my neighbor if it sounded louder than before and he said no but inside the car its loud.

Looks like I'll be going the same route.....Plus, I really enjoy that it keeps somewhat of a stock look with the dual tips......even though they're oversized.
    Mel

ephatch member
    I got mine on last Friday ,I think it was. Anyways I was a little concerned with the loudness when I first got it installed especially since I live in an apartment complex, but it is deffinitly getting quieter. At cruising speed, or constant speed to me it is barely noticable now. It does get somewhat loud when I downshift or accelerate hard, but nowhere near how loud it was when I first got it. Compared to other cat-backs out there at the moment I would say it is on the quiet side. Keep in mind I am pretty picky about how loud exhaust's are. I think the biggest bonus about this exhaust is that it fits perfectly and doesn't hang low at all, which is very good for lowered cars.

Originally posted by trabadoo22
    I got mine on last Friday ,I think it was. Anyways I was a little concerned with the loudness when I first got it installed especially since I live in an apartment complex, but it is deffinitly getting quieter. At cruising speed, or constant speed to me it is barely noticable now. It does get somewhat loud when I downshift or accelerate hard, but nowhere near how loud it was when I first got it. Compared to other cat-backs out there at the moment I would say it is on the quiet side. Keep in mind I am pretty picky about how loud exhaust's are. I think the biggest bonus about this exhaust is that it fits perfectly and doesn't hang low at all, which is very good for lowered cars.
    i will second the doesn't hang low comment. fitment is excellent along with the power and tone... great exhaust! make this one that you check out if you're looking for an exhaust with dual tips...

EPTree
    It's threads like this that make someone do stupid crap like order an exhaust on a whim without even have considered that exhaust before. SHAME ON YOU. Mine should be here sometime next week. Sorry Borla. And if this exhaust doesn't rock my nuts, I'm killing all of you for false advertising. :D

ephatch member
    Since you guys had this exhuast for a while now. What are your impressions? Power? Is it as loud as everyone makes it to be?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information