Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Whoisray
    Since you guys had this exhuast for a while now. What are your impressions? Power? Is it as loud as everyone makes it to be?
    power and tone are great. exterior loudness is fine and interior loudness from 3500 to 4000 rpm is a little much.

definitely worth the $350...

ephatch member
    Originally posted by glw
    power and tone are great. exterior loudness is fine and interior loudness from 3500 to 4000 rpm is a little much.

definitely worth the $350...

I agree but I love the sound at 3-4000 rpms. Throw the CAI in there and she's screaming....:D

ephatch member
    How is highway driving? I drive mostly highways (80+ mph) so I can't stand if it is constant loudness inside the car.

Is the loudness based on amount of throttle or is it just damn loud it will wake up the neighbors.

Originally posted by Whoisray
    How is highway driving? I drive mostly highways (80+ mph) so I can't stand if it is constant loudness inside the car.

Is the loudness based on amount of throttle or is it just damn loud it will wake up the neighbors.
    cabin noise while highway driving is pretty loud from 70-80 mph. outside the car it's not loud at all. i asked my neighbors and the say they can't hear it. i've also asked my wife to drive it and other than the tone theres not much change.

anyways, when driving the highway i just kick it down to 4th and get the engine above 4000 rpm for cruising at 70-80 mph. 4th is an overdrive gear so it's not bad.

ephatch member
    Honestly I don't think this exhaust is as loud as others out there. I did think so when I first got it, but it has quieted down dramatically. I can easily make this exhaust extremely quite if I need to, like around neighbors etc., depending on how much throttle I give and gear I'm in. I'm a pretty big into stereo's and I would hate this exhaust if it was too loud or overpowering, but to me it isn't. It is loud and aggressive when you want it to be and quiet when you want it to be.

Guys, I've just ordered the Magnaflow Catback. Does a new Catback system need breakin period?? Do I need to drive gently for the first few hundred miles?

Thanks.

ephatch member
    No I don't think exhausts need a break in period. Congrats on your new catback your going to love it....:D

Thanks. I ordered on ebay for $275 plus $30 for shipping. The spec on the page says it's 4" tip. So this may be an older single tip design instead of the new dual tips. Actually, I kink of like the big single tip more. Either way I'm happy.

Does anyone have the older single 4" tip catback on EP? Just curious how the old one compares to the new dual tip (performance and sound).

ephatch member
    You ordered thru performancecurve right? They told me that they only had the 3.5 dual tip version and that 4 was the older design. I just ordered mine last thursday with them so I don't know when its going to get here. I paid them already but still no contact from the company though.

i ordered mine from performacecurve on Tuseday the 8th, and I got a response within about 24 hours. If you still havent got a response you should contact him... mine should be here on monday the 15th. Cant wait!!

GLW

Does the MagnaFlow make contact with the Progress Rear Sway at all????

Do you have a pic of the Mag muff close up near the sway???

Thanks,
    Fellow Progress front and rear sway zigzagger:D

ephatch member
    I just got my Magnaflow today! Man, this exhaust is VERY LOUD. But the loudness doens't have a hint of high pitched sounds, just very low bass sound, like a tiger purring. The bass is so great that it almost makes your ear drums shake esp. at low rpms. I did notice that if you close the windows, the sound isn't that loud.

Def. noticed more power at high rpms. dunno if the sound altered my judgement but throttle response got better. Overall this exhaust was everything that I wanted.

Re: GLW

Originally posted by EP33
    Does the MagnaFlow make contact with the Progress Rear Sway at all????

Do you have a pic of the Mag muff close up near the sway???

Thanks,
    Fellow Progress front and rear sway zigzagger:D
    no there is plenty of room around the magnaflow.

here's the best i can do on short notice. my digital camera is lousy and it's dark out...

Whoisray, yep from Performancecurve. Glad to hear that you like your new exhaust. Can't wait to get mine.

Did you nitice any lose of low-end torque? I do a lot of freeway driving. Hopefully no power lost on part-throttle.

Thumbs up glw

THANKS!!!!:)

That is all I needed to know. I will put his on my todo list ASAP!

Damn I love this website:p

Again, Thanks.

I am so darn sick of my Progress rear sway hitting the muffler or visa versa:o

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information