Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DrPimpSiR
    The single tip is comprised of a large canister type muffler, it has a lot of sound deadening material in it.

DrPimpSiR
    The twin is comprised of two smaller mufflers coming from a Y split in. It's louder, but I know Martin won't let it leave the factory if it is unbearably so.

hey can you get some picks of the system not installed or more pics on the car

Okay let's figure out who's in for sure!

I'll start off a list...just copy it and add your name if you want one.

1) SmoothOperator

ephatch member
    1) SmoothOperator
    2) SpacemanSpiff - Now I just have to decide between the better looking (IMO) dual or the quieter single. I wonder what he means by aggressive? Loud at WOT or loud cruising on the interstate @ 70???

DrPimpSiR
    Let's get our numbers in!

No doubt!! c'mon people!!! I want one of these bad boys!!

1) SmoothOperator
    2) SpacemanSpiff
    3)2k2civicsi

4u2nv
    you started this right after i bought my thermal. damn it

Thanks, but I'll pass if it's not completely stainless.

1) SmoothOperator
    2) SpacemanSpiff
    3) 2k2civicsi
    4) HondaMan

I think the quieter single cat-back is the way to go even though I don't like the looks as much...not to mention it is cheaper. :)

ephatch member
    OK folks, hurry up and ask your wives for permission!:D

DrPimpSiR
    I don't think that a steel flange will effect the life of the exhaust at all. Most systems come with steel flanges and they do alright. I had a Monza painted steel mid-pipe on my Ford Probe that lasted 4 years and had steel flanges. When it came time to replace it (all rusted and full of holes) the flanges were still solid and had plenty of life left.
    I'm sure your car will rust out and die before a flange does.
    Originally posted by Brenetics
    Thanks, but I'll pass if it's not completely stainless.
    I sent off the concerns about the flanges to Martin. Here is the reply:
    The e-mail is correct we do not use stainless steel flanges on any of our manufactured systems. We did start out using stainless but it was just to hard to keep up with all the other companies out there that did not use stainless and had a less expensive price to the end consumer. Welcome to the real world.

Please keep in mind that we sold MAX 100 units, likely less with this set-up. The balance of our sales( 2 years plus) have all been just as I have offered you and the Forum. I don't intend to point the finger at all the companies that do not offer stainless flanges( I don't work that way) but I bet that you would be very surprised to find out just who manufactures the same way as we here at MBRPinc .

We manufacture for companies who handle Audi,Porsche,PT Cruiser, Cadillac........... etc, no stainless flanges. Are you getting a lesser quality system than if you were to purchase from other leaders in the exhaust aftermarket? NO WAY. I can tell you that our Focus following is great and our sales are very strong with the Focus forums. This flange post you are making reference to, was posted early in the beginning stages of MBRPinc. We would not be where we are today if this was a detrimental issue to our exhaust manufacturing process. I assure you and the forum that the systems that leave our facility are quality products that are backed by our NO B.S. warranty, if it breaks,falls apart, etc just give us a call and we will look after the client. We have looked after our customers in the past with a very professional attitude and we will continue this for many years to come for our future customers.

I see that "Brenetics" has chosen to pass on the exhaust at this time, that's too bad. I'm sure they would have found our system a great addition to their ride.
    Paul please feel free to contact me with any questions you or the forum members have. I look forward to working with you and those people who purchase through this Group Buy.
    Thanks.

Martin Barkey
    MBRPinc
    1-888-636-7223
    www.mbrp.com

id take the dual tip for sure if i could here how "Agreesive" it sounds but still would be interested in the single tip if the can was actually horizontal to the road surface and not on a downward angle like this - /

anychance of getting osme better pics of the single tip?

MPgrunt81
    Again, I would really like to hear some HP numbers. This is more important to me than sound or looks. (although I'm not into loud exhaust). Thanks.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information