Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by MadMax

The RSX-S is a different engine and different exhaust. The stock mid-pipe is 2" and I think the muffler is fairly decent.

From what I've heard, the civic has a very skinny mid-pipe and a decent muffler.
    And, from personal experience, I know the base RSX has a 1.75" mid-pipe and a very quiet/restrictive muffler.
    Magnaflow advertises +8 hp and +10 tq with their RSX cat-back. The advertised numbers are lower for Magnaflow's RSX TypeS cat-back because there is less room for improvement.
    This is probably true, so we might see a little more improvement than the RSX Type-S. Like I said they are close.

SLOlife
    Does anyone have a picture of the stock and aftermarket cat-back next to each other?

I'm not calling in to order, until we get 10 people on that list.

MPgrunt81
    Good luck getting 10 people to order when you show one picture and won't give dyno's or even sound clips. This all sounds pretty shady to me. I will definetley be waiting with sammysir for something from apexi or greddy. Just because your the first doesn't mean your the best.

I dunno...MBRP seems like a reputable company. They already have a following among Focus owners. I have a feeling they're a reputable company.
    Perhaps they don't have any sound clips or Dyno charts because they used DrPimps EP to make the prototype.
    DrPimp...Have you heard from them at all? perhaps you should call and offer to use your car for sound and dynos. Just a thought.

Originally posted by SmoothOperator
    I dunno...MBRP seems like a reputable company. They already have a following among Focus owners. I have a feeling they're a reputable company.
    Perhaps they don't have any sound clips or Dyno charts because they used DrPimps EP to make the prototype.
    DrPimp...Have you heard from them at all? perhaps you should call and offer to use your car for sound and dynos. Just a thought.
    Good idea, see what you can do for us Dr.Pimp.

DrPimpSiR
    Well I've been in contact with Martin the whole time, and I'll tell you that they are a reputable company. I've been to their shop, and it isn't out of some guy's garage using a crush type pipe bender and an arc welder. I'm going in on Aug 30 to have my system installed. I'll see about dyno/sound clips etc then. This is the production piece. I don't know why there is a deadline to the group-buy, but I bet it has something to do with not pissing off his distribtors.
    I emailed Martin about the HP and Torque #'s of other sytems to compare, but I haven't received anything back yet. There are no numbers for our car, because my car was used as the prototype, this process took all day to get the bends correct, and to ensure a good fit with both mufflers. I live 2 hrs away from the shop, so I can't just drop in to see how it sounds now/tomorrow. This is the reason that there is only two pics.
    There is no scam going on. This is the system that will be sold through distributors all over. The reason that it's being offered at almost cost is so that the company's name can get out there. Don't buy the system if you don't want to. It's not going to effect me one bit, I still get my system. I just created a group buy to help out all of you, and to pass some business to a good guy.
    1-2 hp makes no difference.(period.) You could supersize your BigMac combo and loose the gains 1-2hp makes with the extra weight gain. K&N state that their drop-in filters gain 1-2hp over stock, and I was never able to tell.
    BTW-I can understand that you'd like to see a dyno, I'd like to see it too. But, I don't think that it's going to make a huge gain in any system no matter who manufactures it. I'm getting this system bec of the fact that it's stainless, mandrel bent, and doesn't cost $600.

Can I get an AMEN!?!?!?!?!?!

Besides, with Greddy and Apex'i you do get a great product. But, part of the cost is simply for the name. I'm not interested in name brands...just quality product.

I believe they are a good company/product and the price is hard to pass up...I'm still going to do it, if 10 peeps get into the deal in time.

Originally posted by SmoothOperator
    Can I get an AMEN!?!?!?!?!?!

Besides, with Greddy and Apex'i you do get a great product. But, part of the cost is simply for the name. I'm not interested in name brands...just quality product.
    AMEN! :D

i want mine too but is the dead line already over

Since everyone is so wishy-washy on the cat-back, how about trying to arrange a group buy on just the mid-pipe? DrPimpSiR: in your original post regarding this company you stated that they would sell complete kits or components. I would definately be in on a group buy for a 2.5" mandrel bent mid-pipe! Anyone else?

DrPimpSiR
    Originally posted by David K.
    Since everyone is so wishy-washy on the cat-back, how about trying to arrange a group buy on just the mid-pipe? DrPimpSiR: in your original post regarding this company you stated that they would sell complete kits or components. I would definately be in on a group buy for a 2.5" mandrel bent mid-pipe! Anyone else?
    All I can say is email MBRP and ask.
    info@mbrp.com
    Mention that you are from the forum and would like to know if there is a discount for the mid as well.

Still Around...
    i want mine too but is the dead line already over
    I thought the understanding was the 30th?? I'm pretty sure I'm down for the single-tip full cat-back. I would just feel lots better if I "actually" saw gains on a dyno. And the actual sound of the exhaust on an Ep wouldn't hurt either.

any news????
    Last edited by 2k2civicSi; 08-25-2002 at 07:19 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information