Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb EP crash makes local news [Link inside]

The wreck took place in Allen, TX in a nighthawk black pearl SI. The news said that both of the occupants are okay and hospitalized somewhere locally. I wonder if it is someone on here.

Personally the message used by the officer I find offensive. "all suped up...." ya looks stock to me. ricer goodies? wtf

TOTALLED EP!

btw, I registered as Sharp and replied to give a little insight to some people out there that in fact there ARE responsible drivers in the import community.
    Last edited by !@#$%; 06-14-2003 at 02:13 AM.

All you guys who get out of the theater from seeing Fast and the Furious and want to speed around all over the place thinking you are invincible....listen up! You aren't! Stupid actions have stupid endings.
    I feel disgusted just to be put in the same category

Why are all enthusiasts put into this category? it's degrading

I just read the whole story. Of course the driver of the EP was in the wrong, but..

The car was a honda civic suped up with racing stickers and all the other ricer goodies. It isn't worth it fellas....
    wtf man, I hate stereotypes.

yep yep. pisses me off too. no wonder people like us don't take lightly to stereotypes

edited: sorry that came out wrong.... i don't want to become a hypocrit by telling everyone i dont like stereotypes and then stereotype suk02 in the same post!
    Last edited by !@#$%; 06-14-2003 at 01:27 AM.

actually now that i think of it, I think that anonymous message is completely fake. I dont think that guy was radaring or anything. I highly doubt he is even a cop. I'm sure the cop that was in a high speed chase wouldn't need to look for more info on a car that was involved. Probably some domestic owner who happened to drive by after the movie and rubbernecked by... the news said the car collided with the guardrail at an estimated 100 mph. Then this goon (whoever it may be) says 120+ mph. exaggeration at it's finest.
    Last edited by !@#$%; 06-14-2003 at 02:28 AM.

2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    lol this was posted earlier - last night....horrible pics.

14s without a Hondata
    Notice:

-He said fellas. Not only stereotypical but sexist
    -it looks stock
    -Our cars can reach that speed in traffic but saying that you doubt it can may imply that you have tried.
    -The whole report doesnt even sound professional.
    -He said "stupid" twice. I doubt a newspaper/ newscaster would say that. There to inform not critique and insult.
    -the mention of "ricer goodies", "suped up". Also not words used by professional.

Knowledge.

Trying to figure out how the guard-rail made it through thr radiator core support, past the engine, throught the fire-wall, throught the dash..... My guess is between the seats then out the hatch:o :o ..............

He probably didn't know that the DOHC&IVTEC stickers come on the car stock.

-Ryan

ep pilot: call it a second chance ;)

Originally posted by 02nighthawksivi
    Notice:

-He said fellas. Not only stereotypical but sexist
    -it looks stock
    -Our cars can reach that speed in traffic but saying that you doubt it can may imply that you have tried.
    -The whole report doesnt even sound professional.
    -He said "stupid" twice. I doubt a newspaper/ newscaster would say that. There to inform not critique and insult.
    -the mention of "ricer goodies", "suped up". Also not words used by professional.

Knowledge.
    Don't give cops too much credit. Many who I meet or talk to sound just like that. Most are 22-27 and not too swift. I think the fact that he said things like "ricer goodies", etc makes it even more probable that he/she is a cop. They over exagerate, over dramatize, and over generalize most of the time.

The car looked stock on the pics. I hope it's noones car on this board.

Originally posted by 02nighthawksivi
    Notice:

--Our cars can reach that speed in traffic but saying that you doubt it can may imply that you have tried.

Implications are just as worthless as assumptions.

ephatch member
    i remember seeing that the other day, but dang thats awful. hope everybody is okay

inside the big machine chakra71's Avatar
    Originally posted by ep pilot

He probably didn't know that the DOHC&IVTEC stickers come on the car stock.

It's for this exact reason that i'm debadging my car tomorrow. I always loved the SI badges (these look so much better than the ones on the previous SI) and the DOHC i-VTEC breaks up the side of the car just enough. I love the look with them on but I think it allready got me one ticket and I'm sure it'll get me more.

So i'll go for full stealth. black car, dark tint, lowered, stock stereo (for now anyway) and stealth driving techniques.

Cops

Funny, I was just about to start a thread about cops...
    I've been noticing alot lately that they're worse drivers than pretty much anyone else. I just had one completely cut me off. I was cruising down the road doing the speed limit, he comes out of a side street, turns right onto the road I'm on, and I would have hit him if I didnt slam my brakes on. Not only that, but if I was 3 seconds ahead, he probably would have driven right into me because it looked like he wasnt looking at all. Recently, I've seen more cops throwing on their lights/sirens just to blow red lights than I can count. I think that at least half of them are either on a power trip, pissed because they're on traffic duty, or are just driving enthusiasts who are misusing an opportunity to drive wrecklessly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information