Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I still have yet to call the dealer, but here is where we ended up in another thread:
    "sleepin02si
    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:10 am Post subject:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    RedLight_Si wrote:
    I own a 2003 Civic Si and seem to have the hesitation/surging problem everyone is talking about. I took it to the dealership and they found no TSBs concerning this or anything close. They ran my car and found basically nothing.

ovlovtech:
    Im trying to get this problem fixed. It seems you have found the solution. Do you have a TSB number for this problem or any kind
    of number that I can reference for this. Everyone I have talked to
    has no idea what Im talking about. I understand you live in Canada.
    Im in the US. Could it be this is a Canada only fix?

Thanks

Ditto. No one down here had a clue what I was asking.

**bump**

ovlovtech
    Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:36 pm Post subject:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    hey guys sorry it has been a while
    ask them to do an ecu update for emissions and if they can't figure that out tell them they should switch back to working on lada's

FYI
    I talked to the techs at honda and they said that the backfiring probably won't do any damage to the engine itself however the backfire can create enough pressure to damage the throtle body or the seal inside. Not sure or a fix for the problem yet just thought i would add my 2 cents.
    P.S i haven't put my intake on yet because of this problem.

hey guess what i put back my stock n it sucks i had it for 4 days n i took my ep for service the tech said is nothin wrong w it n if the problem is not there when they checked it nothing they can do so when i put my sri back in my car u can feel big diference so sweet my exhust souds great is just great anyway i got this intake back fire randomly so i asket to this gay at my work about this matter n sai this do no hurt the motor this is normal he said w the stock one probably do the same but since the stock got a big box n made to quiet noises we cant hear it n this gay use to fix cars for racing as a hobby of course but i thing at certain point he is right dont u think one more thing ill keep mine in my car no matter what cause car feels alive

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

huh! what was that noise? mental's Avatar
    hey thanx for this post i always wondered what the hell that noise was... i never really let it bother me cuz well of all the hondas i owned i try to tell myself to remember one thing all the wierd little noises and stuff that seem odd can be blamed on one thing... ITS A HONDA... lol... its not a bad thing that its a honda... cuz hondas never die... thats why its funny to blame it on the fact its a honda... hondas just do wierd shit for absolutely no reason... and they almost never break down... so if backfiring is just my motor telling me HAY I AM GOOD FOR another 180,000 MILES... the let it back fire all dam day... lol...

hell yea u right u gain power n hondas r 4ever as for the gay tha says dont install his because this noise well u never gona install one keep waiting amigo anyway what u gays think of hondata ecu reflash maybe this help to backfire intake

Originally posted by aerial
    hell yea u right u gain power n hondas r 4ever as for the gay tha says dont install his because this noise well u never gona install one keep waiting amigo anyway what u gays think of hondata ecu reflash maybe this help to backfire intake
    Is there anybody here who has the intake backfire issue with their Hondata?

Vendor
    i dunno why everyone is complaining...i wish my car made loud noises...:D i have an AEM CAI, stupid thing :(

Originally posted by ViViDPeArL
    i dunno why everyone is complaining...i wish my car made loud noises...:D i have an AEM CAI, stupid thing :(
    All I'm gonna say to that is that with EVERY mod I've done, more noises come from the car. I am starting to think I'm gonna go and work backwards to put everything back the way it was

r u for real

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information