Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Arrow

happened to me when i first got my sri... i posted about it... it happenz now and again... itz called 'intake pop', itz not "backfiring" itz just something that happenz with free flowing intakes. no damage is caused by it...

-Mike:D

ephatch member
    Hey, i'm new to the sight, but i've had my intake for a while. My AEM SRI has done it a few times. I noticed that it happened when i started at a really low RPM and hit it full throttle in 1st. I don't really see how it could do any damage, but it did scare the living hell out of me the first time it did it.

-Jared

It happens with my Typhoon every now and then. Don't think anything of it when it happens...no harm is done. Cleaning it seems to help or maybe its the warmer weather.

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    It probably has alot to do with that little sensor that we stick in to the intake...

Banned
    It happens to my injen cai when i am shifting into 4th at redline... Its fucking loud... I think that its the pop noise cause it is soo fucking loud... I almost shit when i hear it... but i think its only when i am shifting and gassing it.... I tryed going into 4th again but this time at a lower rpm and everything seems to be fine... no pop noise or anything... I guess its common for us all then huh lol.

jon

haha whats a modorator? estebones's Avatar
    is there anyone with some tech insight into this? I bought a SRi and am seriously thinking about not putting it on untill I can feel more comfortable about it?
    can some one shed some more light into this?

--esteban

I've had it happen to mine as well a few times...

Originally posted by plainol2k2si
    hmm...is it just me or does my ep sound quieter than other vehicles with intakes?
    umm yea at low RPM but woot it and pass the 5k rpm line and tell me if that quiteter than other.

abou the post, that "pop" noice scare the shiit out of me like the first 2 times but now i'm used to it is not to often but it happens when you like at low RPM and dip the acelerator.

Injen CAI Too

Hey Guys -- I've experienced it too...

I've had it happen many many times - exact same way I'd describe it "backfiring" out the front.

It's usually during normal driving... not when pushing it hard like on the Autocross.

This is like the third time this topic has been posted and everytime I read it I feel sort of bad that my typhoon doesn't backfire, feel sort of left out:D

But yeah, I've had my intake for about 3-4 months and no backfire

When I installed my AEM CAI, it happened to me too. I was at that time practicing my double clutching. Scared me too! Only happens when I stab the gas at low rpms. I think the ECU got some weird readings from the new intake. Give it some time and it will disappear or maybe be more gentle with the accelerator.

I just wonder if it is maybe alittle bit of Condensation in the tube. One guy from Canada says he has never had it happen..but then i read others from GA, all the way out to Cali..and it happens to them.:blushm: Could it be that?

RE: Condensation...

Condensation-
    That wouldn't surprise me at all ---

I'm in PA here--- and I get all kinds of condensation anyway --- headlights steam up now and then, windows, even the face of my stereo has been known to steam up (on occasion) [and, no, not because of THAT] --- and the outside of the intake sometimes has condensation on the outside -- maybe there is some occassions where it also collects inside???

----->Matt

i drive an rx7.
    wow.. 2 pages of posts and not one real answer.. lol. i dont think the exhaust pop can be too bad.. if u watch indy cars ull notice that those things exhaust backfire constantly during shifting.. i guess its completely normal during the valve overlap phase of the cam

Blazzik

ME TOO!!!

Same thing, i thought i was crazy, i made me a short ram air from a 45 degree mandrel bent tube and a cheap filter. It's done it twice now, anyone have an idea what this is???

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information