Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    It has also been cold and foggy a lot around my house lately. I have also been experiencing odd power surges under various throttle conditions, but most noticeably in 2nd gear. I could swear the backfiring sound is happening, but I usually don't hear it b/c of my stereo. It has been happening a lot lately. Let us know how it goes with the dealer and the update if you get it. I am very curious to see if is the update or the possible condensation.

at the begining i was blaming my headers but i checked w the radio off n it comes from intake is some thig wrong or is normal i do not have it often but ihahe it

I'm seriously kicking around the idea of putting the factory airbox back on. I'll be able to see if that solves the problem.

Originally posted by sleepin02si
    I'm seriously kicking around the idea of putting the factory airbox back on. I'll be able to see if that solves the problem.
    The ECU update sounds like your best bet. I get the same "power loss" in 2nd gear. Whenever I get around to taking my car into a Honda dealer for something...I will have them do this ECU update.

i drive an rx7.
    if you look at spoon and mugen they recomend keeping the stock box or using one thats really close in appearance. the stock box isnt too bad, filters closer to the motor so better throttle response. id reccomend the hondata mod with a comtech or spoon or k&n drop in, better for spirited driving..

but if ur into dragging and pure power.. keep ur CAI

Originally posted by rs_1101
    if you look at spoon and mugen they recomend keeping the stock box or using one thats really close in appearance. the stock box isnt too bad, filters closer to the motor so better throttle response. id reccomend the hondata mod with a comtech or spoon or k&n drop in, better for spirited driving..

but if ur into dragging and pure power.. keep ur CAI
    By spirited do you mean more of an autox stlye?

Originally posted by HondaMan
    The ECU update sounds like your best bet. I get the same "power loss" in 2nd gear. Whenever I get around to taking my car into a Honda dealer for something...I will have them do this ECU update.
    Does anyone have detail info for this ECU update service bulletin? Do I just bring my car to the dealer and ask for ECU update or does the dealer only do update when you encounter a problem.

HondaMan, let us know if you see improvement after the update.

Originally posted by swatman
    Does anyone have detail info for this ECU update service bulletin? Do I just bring my car to the dealer and ask for ECU update or does the dealer only do update when you encounter a problem.

HondaMan, let us know if you see improvement after the update.
    Someone else has already gotten the update. (On another site)
    He/she said that you just need to go in and tell them that this has been happening ever since you got the car. Also tell them that you are sure that there is an update out there to correct the ignition timing after start up. I was unable to get the actual TSB number for the update. I messaged the person, they had said that they were standing there with the Honda Tech, but couldn't catch the exact title as the monitor was not completely visible.

should we put back our ugly stock to solve the problem o what any idea i do nonot have back fire all the time but have it

Originally posted by aerial
    should we put back our ugly stock to solve the problem o what any idea i do nonot have back fire all the time but have it
    I was thinking of doing this, but I want to see what Hondaman has to say after he says something about the ecu update to Honda.

yea u right lets wait n see ill be taking mine for service nex month hope they dont sai is due to sri cause i love my ijnjen sri n im sure we will find the little problem dont u think:)

I doubt I will take my EP in for dealer sevice any time soon. I do most of my car work myself. So, don't wait on me...from what I understand there is a service bulletin out concerning this ECU update and everybody should push this issue if they are in for dealer service and have this problem. I wish I could be of more help...I'll try to look into it more.

Well screw it! I'll be the guinee(sp?) pig. I have a well trusted Honda mechanic at my dealership. I'll call him up tomorrow and see what he has to say. I will be sure to ask him about the TSB and see if he can locate it for me. If everything checks out, I will pass on the TSB# to you guys and let you know how it went.

Hondaman - Sorry, I misread the post.
    Last edited by sleepin02si; 11-19-2003 at 08:12 PM.

Hondaman - Sorry, I misread the post.
    That's cool...I was like WTF for a minute there. Please keep us informed. :D

This may not be it, but did everyone reset thier ECU per the instructions?
    Like I said in a earlier post, I have an Injen SRI and have not experienced this problem yet.
    I don't race or anything but have ran it pretty hard.
    It has only been on about a month since it was installed though.
    Maybe it will take longer to have the issue, how long was it for everyone else after installing the SRI or CAI?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information