Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    madcow

Fallin' off the wagon...Should I get a Honda>?

Hey guys. Nice site you have!
    To make a long story short. I've always owned a Ford. I currently have a Focus hatch. I must say that i've been considering the SI hatch since they came out. So, give me all of your opinions on the new SI and tell me why I should buy the Civic SI. You have to admit they do look similiar. (focus-civic si).
    Anyways....thx for any opinions. Feel free to check out my ride even though it's not a Honda!

http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.a...sername=madcow

Thanks!!

-Madcow

I also had a ZX3 before this, and there is no comparison to the 2 cars. You can find out lot's of information just reading all the current threads.

ephatch member
    That's a good looking focus Madcow.
    The Si does a lot of things right, and I'm partial to it. The shifter and seats are nearly perfect. Good handling stock, although the tires are pretty bad. Haven't been able to go WOT yet b/c I'm still breaking it in. There is some good stuff posted over at www.vtec.net They took an SI autocrossing and have a review and a video.
    If you like Fords though, you really should check out the Focus SVT. All the magazines seem to love it. The edges are a little rougher than the civic, but it is a better performer stock.
    There are lots of available choices right now: Civic Si, Sentra SE-R Spec V, Mini Cooper, Focus SVT
    If you choose any one of these you will have made a darn good choice, just depends which one appeals to you the most.

punkdork
    How much do you want to pay?

I'd go this order:

WRX
    RSX Type S
    Golf 337
    1.8t GTI
    Civic Si/Focus SVT/SE-R

Something else you might want to wait for is the new Turbo Neon. I've seen it at a few Rally events and it looks pretty pimp and it should be in the 19-20k price range.

JDM TOOL

Talking

I think Fords SUCK...no offense, but I would get a new Si, before I would get a Ford Focus hatchback.

ephatch member
    Ugghh, I'm sure that the new turbo-neon will be a great performer, but the one my wife had before we got married really turned me off to Chrsler products. It had 30,000 Miles on it and it was leaking oil from somewhere, was so light that I felt unsafe on the highway, and the auto tranny only had 3 gears!! And it was supposedly the Sport model. The engine had good power I think, but it was never in the right gear b/c there were only 3 to choose from. Pretty Slow.
    Getting rid of that thing was a no-brainer. Of course, the neon's light weight make them great racers, and I'm sure I would have liked my wifes more had it possessed a manual tranny.

I also assign some demerits to the Mini because of its Chrysler engine. I'll have to see some long term reliability before I think about buying one seriously.

JDM TOOL

Thumbs down

If you buy a Dodge neon you will kick yourself in the ass everday for the rest of your life....TRUST ME they SUCK REAL BAD!!!!

punkdork
    The turbo neon is in a different class than the budget neons. Its like comparing an Si to a DX. It is still a domestic though. I forgot the mini too... it goes right above the SI in my book... though obnoxious popularity may drop it down some... we'll see.

JDM TOOL

Thumbs down

Thats all we need is another suckey ass neon, they SUCK SOOO BAD...if I was you I would stick with Honda's Vtec engines. A turbo charged 4cylinder isnt gonna las thtat long, especially since its a neon. I bet after a half a year of running it your neon will begin to run sluggish as ever!!!

punkdork

Exclamation

Originally posted by Pradamuimui
    Thats all we need is another suckey ass neon, they SUCK SOOO BAD...if I was you I would stick with Honda's Vtec engines. A turbo charged 4cylinder isnt gonna las thtat long, especially since its a neon. I bet after a half a year of running it your neon will begin to run sluggish as ever!!!
    Not sure if I made it clear or not but this will be coming factory with the turbo.. not an aftermarket kit. 0-60 estimated to be under 7 with hp at ~200.

JDM TOOL

Thumbs up

No you made it clear..but there is still just one problem...ITS A NEON!!!

punkdork
    Originally posted by Pradamuimui
    No you made it clear..but there is still just one problem...ITS A NEON!!!
    Yeah... I keep thinking of that too... then I think of the first gen DSM cars with turbo and all wheel drive. They can still tear it up today... I'd still much rather go with an import but I don't think it's safe to ignore the neon completely.

JDM TOOL

Question

Maybe, maybe not....Im still not gonna give the neon any respect until I can see what the new little box on wheels will do!!!

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    There's way to much domestic bashing going on here - where's the love for any car that is a good performer? I'll admit an American car is not my first choice when it comes to buying a fast compact but regardless - 205-hp for a neon that probably weighs only 26oo lbs or less? Thats something to watch out for and even respect!

JDM TOOL

Thumbs down

Just admit it Dodge neon's suck....domestics suck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information