Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dmeriel

Springs to Drop my Si

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to find out if anyone has installed the Eibach Pro-kit yet? I'm stillundecided to what springs to buy, does anyone have any feedback on the Eibach kit?

Pics: http://www.geocities.com/dmeriel/2002si.html

Thanks

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    I have Neuspeed springs, I like them alot. Neuspeed has two kinds, Sport and Race. Sport gives you a 1.75/2.0 drop and race gives you a little lower drop.

4u2nv
    i have the h&r sport springs and i love them

ephatch member
    I have the Eibach sportlines, and I have no complaints. Almost the same ride as stock. Still quiet and it has better handling. Takes the potholes a little rougher, but overall nice ride. Sportlines ride a little lower than the pro kit.;)

i have a pro kit its not installed yet but it will be by next week ill post pics if i was doing it over i woulda bought the h&rs for a lower ride

ephatch member
    heres a pic of my sportlines, to give ya an idea of what it looks like:

Canuck
    I ordered the Pro-Kits for my SiR, but I am not a fan of big drops, so it all depends how much drop you like. Pro-kits are just over one inch, most other springs on the market are around 1.75-2.0 inches drop. For me I like the one inch drop, suits me fine. In terms of quality, Eibach as are good as any, so it just comes down to the drop you want. I think Stingy has the pro-kits on his car with pics in the member's ride section, but he went down to 40 series tires at the same time so the wheel well gap is still big.

With those 16's it would appear that you need a bigger drop. But you said your roads are bad? Hmmm... I good rule of thumb is....if the gap between your tire and the car is bigger than the sidewall of your tire, it'll look lifted. I always abide by that. ;)
    Last edited by CleanBlackSi02; 08-12-2002 at 08:56 PM.

I drive a Rice Rocket RacingCivicSi02's Avatar
    Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
    heres a pic of my sportlines, to give ya an idea of what it looks like:
    How much of a drop is that? And where u get them from? I might decide to get those if i don't get GC

ephatch member
    its about 1.5 inch drop. I got them from a shop that sells aftermarket stuff for imports.

I was like you and opted for some 75 dollar progress springs :D their used, so I thought what the hell. I'm going to put them on this Saturday. If I were you and hadn't found a cheap deal like me, I'd go with H&R at www.inlinefour.com I had those on my previous civic. It's a good drop and you won't have probs in Houston with them

do you need shocks with the Eibach Sportlines or Prokit or can you just use stock shocks with them?

Canuck
    One nice thing about Eibach pro-kits is that they will work the best with stock shocks, most other springs will eventually kill stock shocks over time. Eibach Pro-kits are very close to many of the Type R springs used on the intergra, RSX, CTR, I've been told that Eibach produces most of the Type R springs, dunno how true that is but they are very similar.

IcedOutInCali....I've got the Sportlines too. And I've noticed you've got the same ride height I've got (The front sits lower than the rear) This has been bothering me for some time now!!!!

ephatch member
    yeah if i'm not mistaken the sportlines lower it 1.8 in the front, 1.5 in the back...I hear the neuspeed racing ones lower it 2.25 in front and 2.0 in the back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information