Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jrsc prices

ephatch member

jrsc prices

Have the Jackson prices been posted yet?

SF-SI-02
    Yeah, I remember reading somewhere here that it was ball-park $5K for the normal, non-race edition. Try a search on the website for jackson racing supercharger.

Green Lane, PA (home) / New Rochelle, NY (school)
    no prices yet... believe me, you'll know when prices are released

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    Jackson Racing rep. said $3,000 - $3,400 range for Street version.

ephatch member
    That's kinda high, but not as bad as the 5g's someone else posted earlier. Thanks.

I believe the 5g's that was mentioned, happened to be in canadian. Over here in the US, it better not be that high. Should actually be more like 2900-3300 dollars.

Matt.

Someone buy this

product asap.

I don't wanna be a guinea pig:o

i like the JRSC because it provides enough power to really improve the EP's performance, i really don't NEED a turbo (although i'd love to have one, don't get me wrong)

so does anyone know the difference between the street and race SCs being offered by JR? i know the street SC dynos at about 178 whp and the race SC puts down about 206 whp. so, i'm thinking there's a difference in the amount of boost? does anyone else know? the JR Web site offers little insight/information.

nevermind, a JR representative answered some questions on clubrsx, mostly about the RSX-S application, but also had some info about the EP's app.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=89388

if its 200 whp 150 lbft ill get it.

Thumbs up Club RSX postings. . .

Anyone read that part about Hasport working on traction control for the Si?

That's cool shi* if it does not do any engine damage.

Traction control? That would be sweet! Has anybody noticed the HUGE difference in HP ratings between the sc kit, and the turbo kits out there? I've noticed that most companies offering turbo kits, are showing dyno results on a typeR, NOT an si. Where as jr shows the numbers on an actual si. I just think its funny seeing how the typeR is already at 196 horse, as opposed to the si's 160. Im gonna get the jrsc! Hopefully by next spring...And maybe the cost will come down a bit.

Matt.

Originally posted by MetRx
    Traction control? That would be sweet! Has anybody noticed the HUGE difference in HP ratings between the sc kit, and the turbo kits out there? I've noticed that most companies offering turbo kits, are showing dyno results on a typeR, NOT an si. Where as jr shows the numbers on an actual si. I just think its funny seeing how the typeR is already at 196 horse, as opposed to the si's 160. Im gonna get the jrsc! Hopefully by next spring...And maybe the cost will come down a bit.

Matt.
    Which turbo company used a type R for there dyno results? So far it has been nothing but Si's on here with turbos. And if the race kit was 3500 I would get it just for ease of install and the power it puts out. But 4400 for power output less than any of the turbo kits out right now doest seem worth it. I hope some more testing on different setup s is done, cause 206 hp is kinda weak for 4400 bucks. I want a low 13 sec car on street tires for 4400, thats what I expect.

if a 13-second car is what your goal is, then a turbo definately is the route you should take. i like the SC because it provides enough fun for me while also providing a 2-year warranty and keeping emissions low (yeah, i'm a tree hugger).

as for dynos, so a search for ssvr6's car. he has a cybernation turbo kit ... giving him about 262 whp and the flatest torque curve of any civic i've ever seen. the disparity between turbo and SC power numbers is due in large part to the fact the air from a turbo is cooled. cooler air = increased air density = power.

Thumbs up Don't forget. . . .

2 year Warranty or 100,000 miles:p

I already have 27K on my car and it isn't even 1 year old:D

If I get a S/C, I'll put at least 70K on the car in two years.

I hope they're cheap:angel:
    Last edited by EP33; 07-15-2003 at 09:58 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information