Close

Green Lane, PA (home) / New Rochelle, NY (school)

tweeter pod modification??

has anyone had to shave anything from the cutout to make their aftermarket tweeters fit? i just bought a rotary tool today and am going to be doing it when i get home. just wondering if anyone had to do it yet and had any tips?

ssvr6
    I did mine with a dremel and the coarse sandpaper wheels. I just took my time and "eye'd" it up. The pods that I put in (Rockford Fosgates) had a lip on them to cover any slight errors with the trimming.

They came out great. I'll try and take some pics later today.

Steve

thanks, mine have insert with a little lip too. i'm gonna go for it!!! can't wait to get home and try out my new toy. i just picked up the Craftsman Single Speed Rotary Tool during my lunch break.

CreamedCone
    Yea, I shaved mine out a bit also, except I didn't have a dremel. I did it the old fashion way and used one of those breakaway razors.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Originally posted by ssvr6
    I did mine with a dremel and the coarse sandpaper wheels. I just took my time and "eye'd" it up. The pods that I put in (Rockford Fosgates) had a lip on them to cover any slight errors with the trimming.

They came out great. I'll try and take some pics later today.

Steve
    Exactly the same way I did mine. Turned out great and looked stock. Take your time....
    Mel

well, i'm all done. damn that was easy. thanks for the help guys. they look great. i'll try and post some pics later.

YES Mee toooo. MB QUARTZ !! pds213

islnena
    just put in components from focal, had to us a rasp to shave off about 1/16 inch and the tweeters fit perfectly.....get ahold of Elliot at zalytron.com and see if he has any sets left at about $135....don't settle for anything else,as these will make your ears bleed! 2003 si...hifonix 4 ch. jl dvc 10 inch, sondsream rears, focal components front.....also you have to wire the crossover parts he sends...easy

Thread Information