Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    ...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Maybe smoked headlights as well...

climate control would be nice.

but i don't use my a/c that often, and I kinda like that I have full control.

I doubt they're gonna give it a new motor.

new wheels & bodykit option are a definite possiblity.

as for why honda is even doing a 2004 run, I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that sales did not meet expectation the first year (early 2002 - early 2003), so they're adding another year to hit their expected sales number.

all this talk of new shit doesn't faze me at all. i've got an OG ep3, and they're only gonna get heavier from here on out (added amentities = added weight).

I would almost be sure (Red) will be offered, as would the lower front aerodynamics possibly be revised.

The Taillamps might get an amber indicator or tranparent lenses like what we have seen familar on the most recent update to the Civic sedan's tails.

I you can also bet the Wheels & tires wheel be addressed, I think 17"s are out of the question, look how long it took Honda to include plus sized wheels on the Accord??? I mean the Maxima has had 17"s since 2k.......My point is that Honda always does what looks symetrical and to scale, For a Civic, 16" would be just right for it's size...

I would expect a subtle change in the interior fabric, I like the red & black in my car now, but feel it's passe if you will, I would like to see Honda black out the red hole in the headrest, offer a factory leather trim interior, and loose the mock alluminum dash trim for a darker smoke gray or mate black finish.

Mabey for '04 the Si will adopt the back-lit incandesent guages similar to what has been in place on the '03 Civic and something similar to the current Accord cluster. I think white faced guages are hot-looking, but too have become passe since have the industry has adopted this styling cue on non-sport oriented cars, like grand-caravans, SUV's , Ford escapes, almost everything Chrysler has white faced dials, i think Honda should drop the White dials entirely, or come up with a stainless or the F1 style pod seen on the original concept Ep.....

I have decided I don't like our little spoiler on the rear boot of our cars, it looks out-of place and isn't fluid with the rest of the lines, I think the hatch wing that the Ek's got and EG's looked 10X's better than the Ep's but I love the JDM Ep wing. I wouldn't be surprised if HID is standard as well.

-Ryan

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by ep pilot
    I wouldn't be surprised if HID is standard as well.

-Ryan
    I'm not so sure about that. Honda doesn't even offer them on their top of the line Accords or Pilots :(

Just remember this is Honda. Expect about as many and as radical of changes from 03 - 04 as there was from 02 -03. A lot of the speculation I see is wishful thinking based on our own pet peaves. It's always fun to wish though.:D

type r kit wont happen either.
    maybe something completely different (like ones shown at Car shows across the nation) or close to it but remember the reason we don't have the JDM/European front end in the first place.
    DOT standards:'(

type r kit wont happen either.
    I disagree! With all the aftermarket taking advantage of the CTR kit, it is hard for Honda to sit by and let them has all the profits. It is HIGHLY possible that Honda managed to molify the CTR body kits to fit the USDM version EP3. After all, Honda is the OEM maker, they do know their shit better than any aftermarket body kits maker out there.

We shall see if the Honda's offers are indeed CTR style...

Something else to keep in mind is cost. I would assume that Honda has figured out by now the the EP is a bit overpriced, i.e. slow sales. I really can't see them doing a lot of fancy upgrades. They'd want to keep the same profit margin. If they threw in some 17 inchers and a body kit, it would probably tack on another $2k to the car. Then we'd have a $21K + EP with no A2 motor. I think it would be hard for the average Joe to shell out that much for a 160hp car, even if it looked a little better than it does now. And once again, it would probably be slower than the 02-03 do to the added weight.

Just trying to think realistically about this, but I might be way off. Personally I'm still undecided if I really want Honda to make improvements or not. Improvements means stuff we could possibly upgrade to.:D But at the same time makes you just wish you had the new stuff stock.:'(

This just in

Honda Canada

"Civic SIR 5-Speed Manual

mark my words:

1) body effects/alterations of some sort.

2) New rims but same tires.

Thats all.

cvl
    Big deal. A riced-out body kit and larger wheels that are certainly much heavier than what you'd get in the aftermarket. I feel much more comfortable about buying an 03 now. The only thing that I'd wait for is the K20A or A2 and a 6-speed.

i really like the GFX :o i wouldnt mind gettin it

"What redline?"......DOH! I SELL HONDAS's Avatar

Lightbulb 2004 the real scoop!!

2004 SI
    1) NO COLOR CHANGES.
    2) NEW HEADLIGHTS (LOOKS LIKE BLACK W/PROJECTORS)
    3) NEW TAIL LIGHTS (CLEAR TOP THIRD SOLID RED BOTTOM THIRD)... PICTURE I HAVE IS BLACK AND WHITH DRAWING. I CANT TELL IF I LIKE THEM OR NOT.
    4) 16" WHEELS NO PIX
    5) SIDE SILL GARNISH. NO PIX, PROB GFX VERSION.
    PRODUCTION NOVEMBER 10, 2003
    RELEASE DATE MID-DECEMBER.
    10,000 ESTIMATED UNITS...

CIVIC SEDAN 2004
    15" WHEELS ON LX
    KEYLESS ENTRY ON LX
    EX SEDAN ALLOY WHEELS
    FLOORMATS ON EX AND LX
    NEW FRONT FACIA
    NEW HEADLIGHTS
    "ACCORD LIKE SPEAKERS ON ALL CIVICS"
    MORE INSULATION IN DOORS TO REDUCE NOISE
    ADD FIGI BLUE
    ADD MAGNESIUM METALLIC

Re: 2004 the real scoop!!

Originally posted by I SELL HONDAS
    2004 SI
    1) NO COLOR CHANGES.
    2) NEW HEADLIGHTS (LOOKS LIKE BLACK W/PROJECTORS)
    3) NEW TAIL LIGHTS (CLEAR TOP THIRD SOLID RED BOTTOM THIRD)... PICTURE I HAVE IS BLACK AND WHITH DRAWING. I CANT TELL IF I LIKE THEM OR NOT.
    4) 16" WHEELS NO PIX
    5) SIDE SILL GARNISH. NO PIX, PROB GFX VERSION.
    PRODUCTION NOVEMBER 10, 2003
    RELEASE DATE MID-DECEMBER.
    10,000 ESTIMATED UNITS...

Scan that sheet and post it,even if your not allowed to...bend the rules for us :D

post the pic dude!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information