Close

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar

make turn signals to old style????

i want to make the signal lights running lights also like the old civics are. anyone know how i can do this?

4u2nv

Re: make turn signals to old style????

Originally posted by 2fastcivic
    i want to make the signal lights running lights also like the old civics are. anyone know how i can do this?
    maybe you could splice into the blinker wiring and run a T. couldnt be that hard

GoldenGlow
    When you find out how...Please let me know...I thought about that, but Can't figure out how to..

anybody want to try this first. im too much of a chicken.

GoldenGlow
    Find a logical way...and I am willing to try...

ephatch member
    ok it is actually quite easy to do. Take the positive wire from the driving light (wedge bulb) and splice it. Then cut the ground wire of the turn signal bulb and wire the spliced positive wire to the turn signal bulbs ground. The only thing that might happen from doing this is your turn signals may flash faster but I dont think they will.

did you try this yet?

ephatch member
    Im not gonna try it because I dont desire this effect. I do know it will work though as I did it with my sidemarkers that I put on my last civic. The reason it works is because when the flasher goes to turn on the bulb both terminals of the bulb are positive and there is nowhere for the energy to go so the bulb turns off. THe only reason I think it may make the turn signals flash faster is because the relays flash quicker when there isnt a certain amount of resistance as a warning so you know a bulb is burnt out. Other than this possible side effect (I still havent gotten that far yet to determine the possibilities of this in my major (Electical Engineering) to figure out if it will effect the resistance of the connection but I dont think it will) it will work correctly.

Thread Information