Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

This is from Hondata's site:
    "The K20A3-Si program advances the ignition, alters the cam timing and optimizes the fuel for a cold air intake, adding 4-9 ft lb across the rev range."
    ohh ok.... I C now. yea i think advancing the timing would benifit u since u are running 93.

if I do get it, it will have to wait till Jan of 2004. I need to cut down on the spending for a while and concentrate of fixing the house some :D

ha, you know, I had it all back wards with the a/f I thought that a high ratio of like say 15 is rich, but it's lean...and I though that a low ratio of say 10 was lean, but it's rich. I was all screwed up. Thank goodness someone explained that to me on clubsi

Thumbs up

Nice dyno runs bro!

Originally posted by HondaMan
    Nice dyno runs bro!
    thanks. I wish I had that dyno run before done correctly. It looks like my last one was more like 142 versus 146 if you see that spike. So the hp gain is actually more. Oh well I guess (I've already had a certain someone give me a smart comment on k-series about spending so much money on the exhaust :angel: )

Concerning the Hondata flash, it advances timing and takes away a little fuel. That came straight from there mouth. We were trying to get it for our car (Si w/ K24 swap), but they were afraid to use it on our car because they thought it would lean our car out too much. Unfortunately, we are gonna need the extra rpm's really soon and Hondata can't do anything without actually having the car (and thats a long drive). So I think we are going to get the flash and use an afc to add fuel back.

Concerning air/fuel ratio: For an N/A car mid 13s were perfect for the B series, but according to Hondata, the Si was designed to run at 14.7. Normally that would be really lean, but they say thats were it should be. When we had the car dyno after the I/H/E it was running at 14.8 and we about freaked out. Couldn't believe it was out of injectors already. But luckily it was running exactly like it was supposed to.

Originally posted by SiK24
    Concerning the Hondata flash, it advances timing and takes away a little fuel. That came straight from there mouth. We were trying to get it for our car (Si w/ K24 swap), but they were afraid to use it on our car because they thought it would lean our car out too much. Unfortunately, we are gonna need the extra rpm's really soon and Hondata can't do anything without actually having the car (and thats a long drive). So I think we are going to get the flash and use an afc to add fuel back.

Concerning air/fuel ratio: For an N/A car mid 13s were perfect for the B series, but according to Hondata, the Si was designed to run at 14.7. Normally that would be really lean, but they say thats were it should be. When we had the car dyno after the I/H/E it was running at 14.8 and we about freaked out. Couldn't believe it was out of injectors already. But luckily it was running exactly like it was supposed to.
    wow, thanks for the info. So in actuality, I'm running kinda rich, except for the initial 3k-3.5k rpms

possibly, but if it is anything like ours, its probably running exactly like it should (or how it wants to). Those damn computers, getting smarter and smarter. Not to say there is a little room for fine tuning.

Ohh, not sure what you were reading between 3-3.5k, but the emmisions system does something weird on the dyno if you don't start low enough in rpm (around 1000). Something about a loop closing, but when it does the a/f ratio jumped to like 18 on ours for a second and then went back to normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information