Close

Thread: camber

camber

im puting the pro kit 1in drop on my car i dont care if the camber is off a bit but can you see that its off on a small drop like 1in

Question

i need help plz i want to drop it asap but i cant afford a camber kit and i know i dont need it but if you can tell its off then i want to wait till i can afford it

i dropped mine like an inch and a half, maybe a tad more, and i can totally tell that it's cambered. not too much and not too slight. i hope this helps somehow.

thanks for the help so yours saying you can see that there is a slight slant in the wheels

yeah, but it's not terribly bad. it sounds like you were worried about the camber. i've seen way worse than mine. i think with an inch drop you might see a slight change.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    You will "see" a change in camber - it will become a touch more negative. A 1" drop will not have any noticable affect on tire wire unless you're conceerned about it 2 or 3 years from now at least. Anyway, the front camber is self adjustable for our cars - so you are already half way there if you want to mess w/ it. My opinion - leave it alone. The little extra Neg. camber will only help in cornering!:)

so the top of the tire will tilt in just a bit but its not to noticable i just dont want it to look funny you know and the camber kit is 185 bucks so if it doesnt look bad i wont spend it

4u2nv
    i have h&r springs they are about the same drop as the sport lines. my rear camber is 1.8 degrees negative, but at the shop i went to he said on his car thats how he sets it. i also called eibach before purchasing my h&r's. they said no camber kit was needed with the pro kit, and wasnt even needed with the sportlines unless you wanted it. hope that helps

Unless you have "summer" type tires instead of all-seasons which tend to give up long life and durability for insane cornering and stickiness I would not even worry about the extra negative camber. If you are keeping the stock tires/wheels it is really a non-issue b/c they will last really long due to their hard compound design. So, don't even worry about it with either the H&R's or Eibach's.:)

2002HatchSi
    i have ground control and ihave its dropped 3.5 and mt rear camber is kinda bad........ but there is really nothign u can do except the camber kit.. its really worth the money though... unless u want new tires every 6 months

Are you sure its a 3.5" drop? That sounds extremely low to me. I didn't even know GC's went down that low -at least not for my 00' EX they didn't. To say your camber angle is off would be the understatement of the freakin year man. Are you keeping the stock shocks or have you tried the swap yet? I read its really difficult to replace the front shocks on these cars.

Thread Information