Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

MotorMatrix or Cybernation?

I don't live in Florida, but these are two places I have learned about here that are doing turbos for the EP. I want one, and I have a chance to get one at the end of summer if a deal I am working on goes through. I notice the Cyber goes for about $4400, but the Matrix has no price yet, but looks very, very clean-and they both claim same power. Please PM me if you have knowledge of local rep and expertise and if the company is willing to negotiate for representation in Michigan.

look into the SFP kit. this is the one i just finished on my car. still awaiting the almighty dyno. price for the kit is roughly 4000.00

ssvr6
    It's not Motormatrix's kit, it's South FL Performance (SFP).

Steve

Originally posted by ssvr6
    It's not Motormatrix's kit, it's South FL Performance (SFP).

Steve
    You are correct!

OK- I may wait until more people get this done, since there doesn't seem to be many people out there who know these places that well.

ssvr6
    Since I'm one of 3 Si owners that have the Cybernation kit, you're right, there aren't many out there that have this yet. The other kit is prototyped on RevWheels car.

Your other options are RevHard and Ultimate. I don't know anyone on here with a RevHard kit, but Jack Herer(sp?) has the Ultimate kit and ran a 13.8 with it.

There aren't many of us yet. Just give it another 6 months to a year if you want a really fair comparison. In the meantime, I'll plug Cybernation again since the work was great, the car is powerful as hell, and their service was and still is awesome.

Steve

ssvr6
    I'm not familiar with SFP, even though they're local. I will say this, if that anus MotorMatrix is an example of one of their employees or "cohorts", I'm already not impressed.

Steve

I'm not familiar with SFP, even though they're local. I will say this, if that anus MotorMatrix is an example of one of their employees or "cohorts", I'm already not impressed.

Steve
    LOL agreed.

Steve
    i dont know who "motormatrix" is...but i can say he doesnt work at or for SFP. i am also not here to make a beef over whose kits are better or whatever. what i do know...is the the SFP kit is cleaner than any other kit out there. look at my engine bay it speaks for itself. the damn thing doesnt look like its on life support.

as for SFP as a company and background. they have been around for a while. do a search on clubrsx.com and clubsi.com and youll see they have been making manifolds for those guys for a while. the owner of SFP(frank) hasnt really been into commercializing his turbo kits until now. they are of high quality and tuned very well.

SFP as a shop here in miami FL, is one of the only shops that can actually make its own manifolds and turbo kits from scratch. unlike other shops that purchase parts from other companies and piece together kits and then name it something(i.e. DRAG). they have been building full blown race cars for a while and tune some of the faster cars here in florida.

as for my car...i havent posted details about it yet cuz im waiting for it have its final tuning. but as of now i drive the car daily. i will not go into details of about how much HP it has because its not where i want it to be yet. but by far it has exceeded ANY kit out there so far. i dont know how motormatrix got pix of my car and was kinda disappointed that he posted them. i wanted to post when the car was done and when i could answer all types of questons. what i can say is this.. the car runs awesome....it idles like factory...it doesnt choke on smoke due to it being too rich, a/c works perfect, car never has problems turning on. honestly if u didnt know it was turbo...and you never went into boost, you would never know it was there or what it is capable of. this is a well refined kit. and not at the consumers expense.

ssvr6
    Fair enough.

My post wasn't a slam on anyone, just what I have experienced or seen for myself.

Steve

ssvr6
    Question though, if you haven't dyno'd your car yet, how do you know it's the most powerful out there?

Steve

Fair enough.

My post wasn't a slam on anyone, just what I have experienced or seen for myself.

Steve
    yo steve...

i know how it goes...ur caught in the middle of some doubts i can relate. when anyone does something unique its common to get knocked in the knees here and then. being from the south florida area you should know there are many opinionated people. i know many people who swear by cybernation, i know people who swear by SFP, sh*t i know people who swear by dynamic turbo(haha). i just think everyone is kinda questioning things because too many people say they have their cars dynoed at cybernation and for some reason come out dynoing say 250 to the wheel then go to cartek or luguan and end up dynoing 20 hp less. i met one of the guys from cybernation at import xpressions, i think his name is paul or something. cool guy made me a great offer to work on my car. but turned it down cuz i have this belief that these kits can only get better with competition between companies which in the end the consumer benefits.

REV hard has a great kit..according to import tuner. but one of the members here that has the kit said it didnt come with half the crap they featured in the article and at the same time said the customer service sucked.

Cybernation also has a great kit. definitley one of the pioneers for the k series motors. but, too many people say they have problems with idling and cold starts. but the damn thing does make power according to dyno sheets like yours.

SFP kit....the only thing i can say right now...its damn clean. relocates battery and has a great defense against detonation. its drivability is incredible. idles perfect and drives (when not in boost) like the day i drove the car off the lot. and all of this was made possible not using a vafc or safc.

in the end steve and i are just the lab rats for all the other comsumers to benefit off us later.

-rob

Question though, if you haven't dyno'd your car yet, how do you know it's the most powerful out there?

Steve
    i never said i didnt dyno...i said i havent done my real tuning yet. the owner of SFP went on vacation...comes back saturday.

Originally posted by REVwheels

yo steve...

i know how it goes...ur caught in the middle of some doubts i can relate. when anyone does something unique its common to get knocked in the knees here and then. being from the south florida area you should know there are many opinionated people. i know many people who swear by cybernation, i know people who swear by SFP, sh*t i know people who swear by dynamic turbo(haha). i just think everyone is kinda questioning things because too many people say they have their cars dynoed at cybernation and for some reason come out dynoing say 250 to the wheel then go to cartek or luguan and end up dynoing 20 hp less. i met one of the guys from cybernation at import xpressions, i think his name is paul or something. cool guy made me a great offer to work on my car. but turned it down cuz i have this belief that these kits can only get better with competition between companies which in the end the consumer benefits.

REV hard has a great kit..according to import tuner. but one of the members here that has the kit said it didnt come with half the crap they featured in the article and at the same time said the customer service sucked.

Cybernation also has a great kit. definitley one of the pioneers for the k series motors. but, too many people say they have problems with idling and cold starts. but the damn thing does make power according to dyno sheets like yours.

SFP kit....the only thing i can say right now...its damn clean. relocates battery and has a great defense against detonation. its drivability is incredible. idles perfect and drives (when not in boost) like the day i drove the car off the lot. and all of this was made possible not using a vafc or safc.

in the end steve and i are just the lab rats for all the other comsumers to benefit off us later.

-rob
    sounds like some good words to me :)
    about that rev hard kit, I was looking on some site, can't remember where (think it was one that that motormatrix gave), but it listed all the same stuff that import tuner listed and that one of our members didn't get with the kit. That alone was enough for me to steer away from them. So far my eyes are on cybernation and maybe even sfp if I get more info.

ssvr6
    I do like the pipe placement, coatings, and the missing battery. (I'm assuming that it's in the hatch?)

Do you have any pics of the case it's in and the wiring for it?

Steve

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information