Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    TURBOTECH...

very well said, but i dont think this thread in anyway was to flame cybernation. that was another thread that was made/locked and deleted. i met paul at the import xpression show and was quite pleased with the offer he gave me. but all of us here know what this whole thing is about. the competition of other kits on the market force manufacturers of these turbo kits to fine tune and perfect these kits offered to the public. i personally do not like the name calling or shop bashing anyone has made. both SFP and Cybernation are great shops. oddly they are both here in south florida and if any1 knows anything about the south florida scene, they will be the 1st to tell you there is a lot of shit talking.

steve is quite happy with his cybernation kit and im quite happy with my SFP kit. the horsepower made by the cybernation kit on steve's car is quite impressive. unfortunately i have not had the chance to fully tune my car to the spec we want it to be. vacations came in to play and this allowed me to drive the car for the past couple of days at a tuned low boost. im talking very low boost to make sure everything worked and there were no probs. after 4 days now....the car is ready. once i dyno this weekend ill post sheets.

turbotech
    South Florida is a good company and we have a good relationship with them. I am sure that they will put out a qulity product as will Cybernation. I just don't want to see people trying to strat bs between our companies.

Originally posted by turbotech
    South Florida is a good company and we have a good relationship with them. I am sure that they will put out a qulity product as will Cybernation. I just don't want to see people trying to strat bs between our companies.
    totally agree!

ephatch member

turbotech?

Your were taling about a turbo hondata ecu, just wondering if this gives you the same 8000 redline as the other hondata? If so is it reliable on stock internals, or is this sure detonation? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Just think A3 compression+turbo+8000. rpms=a whole lot of ass whoping!!!

MotorMatrix.com
    I did not creat this post nor do i know the person that did. I think them comparing motormatrix and cybernation kits was a mistake. I just posted the pics of the SFP ep kit and never once mentioned cybernations name. I'm not sure why you are so defensive. I just posted pics and did not say anything about a competitors kit. I hope this clears things up and I wish the owner of the Ep good luck with the car. Trust me i knwo its int he right hands for tuning. frank tuned my hatch to 559whp@ only 22psi. I'm sure youll get the results you wanted out of the car and the kit.

turbotech

Re: turbotech?

Originally posted by surfsi
    Your were taling about a turbo hondata ecu, just wondering if this gives you the same 8000 redline as the other hondata? If so is it reliable on stock internals, or is this sure detonation? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Just think A3 compression+turbo+8000. rpms=a whole lot of ass whoping!!!
    The Hondata ECU is definitely a part of the future and yes the redline will raise to 8000rpm but you may want to upgrade the valve train with type s springs. The ECU that Hondata will be doing for us will be safe on stock internals with no detonation. We will keep the timing map and the knock sensor sensitivity stock as we will combine it with our Black Magic to allow boosting to 30psi.

We have already turbo charged a RSX running the Hondata all motor ECU using the BM. The car made over 270hp to the wheels at 6-7psi. Even with the advance timing the car has been running for a few months now with no issues.

ephatch member
    Thanks for that info, and the upgrade makes alot of sense. Just wondring are you cybernation or affiliated with them? If so I have a few more questions and I'll just call.

ssvr6
    Turbotech = Lee

Lee = Owner of Cybernation

Steve

This is great news for me and tells me more of who's turbo I'll go for. Having hondata work with cybernations turbo is what I was looking for. I had no idea this was going on. Hell yeah, I'm going turbo.

How easy are any of these kits for newbie like me to install? Is dropping the oil pan and tapping a hole the most difficult part? How easy is tuning it enough to make it to a dyno? I Want to go turbo next year but I dont know who to trust around here cause the Ep is still foreign ground out here. I have decent mechanical skills, and can read and understand good directions, could I do it myself and have good results, out the box..

ssvr6
    The oil pan and return fuel line (and of course the final tuning) will be the hardest IMO.

I had done most of the mods on my car and this is one that I had no thought of doing myself.

Steve

Steve what exactly are you doing to the tranny just clutch and flywheel? or are you beefing up the whole gearbox?

ephatch member

turbo tuning

When I had spoke to Eric at cybernation, He said that they wll be spendng a whole day dyno tuning. I don't think they are blowing smoke up anyones ass and it's not just turning the psi up on the boost from 7 to 7-1/2, just think all the other kits are getting 240 at 7psi and there is some golden rule that each pound makes a certain amount of hp. and it's deffinetly not 40hp. per psi. I'm not sure how to tune a turbo but 262whp at 7.5 that seams pretty incredible and reliable! These guys obviously know there shit.

ssvr6
    Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
    Steve what exactly are you doing to the tranny just clutch and flywheel? or are you beefing up the whole gearbox?
    Not yet. I just want to do the clutch, flywheel, and LSD. Eventually I'll either change the whole gear box to a base RSX or just swap out some gears. As for beefing them up, we'll see. Not sure where I'm going with this car yet. (HP wise...)

Steve

MotorMatrix.com
    hey steve , any chance of you making it to the track tonight?? i think its midnight madness.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information