Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    all this makes no sense to me at all.... but i still want a turbo... can a newb si owner like me survive the turbo attention needed so my car will stay driveable and reliable......

another question.... i go to san diego and las vegas back and forth at least twice a month... would i still be able to do this if im turbo'd or would should i just start renting cars....( id really want me car to last so renting wouldnt be an issue)

wish i wouldve taken auto instead of comp programing `doh

ill speak on my behalf....being that my car is on a stock ecu with no check engine lights or idling problems. there should be no reason why u cant use the car daily. but be honest with yourself. will you still drive it as if it were still stock? its a very hard thing to do. im constantly on the gas letting the wastegate rip. its fun. the whole car takes on a new attitude. as far as your long commutes....its hard to say. which ever kit you go with just make sure you get it installed properly. and keep the oil changes as religious as possible.

abstrack: learn as much as you can about how turbos work and most importantly how all the components work and how everything is related. If you just go into this with just a big wallet and no knowledge you will most likely end up with nothing but headaches.

Adding boost on a N/A car is not simple or cheap

ephatch member
    Can anyone reccomend some reading material? For those of us who might want to learn about how all this stuff works? I have an autotech 101 book, but maybe there's some stuff online? Thanks

Originally posted by CSMsi311
    abstrack: learn as much as you can about how turbos work and most importantly how all the components work and how everything is related. If you just go into this with just a big wallet and no knowledge you will most likely end up with nothing but headaches.

Adding boost on a N/A car is not simple or cheap
    doing that as we speak...or type:D

ephatch member
    this is kind of off the subject but i saw the pic of REVwheel's car and i thought that it would be cool to mabie extend the filter piping to go through the whole like a injen cold air. i just thought that would look cool and colder air would keep the turbo temp down and give more power.

MotorMatrix.com
    too much piping will also cause some lag. you dont want to restrict the inlet from getting airflow. you ever notice how cold air intakes lose power down low and short ram make more tq. the low end tq is not something you can afford to lose in a honda.

"Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell is a great book to start with for turbos. I have "Supercharged!" by Corky Bell and it is a great book for supercharger information.

I also have "Forced Induction: Performance Tuning" by A. Graham Bell. This does not have as much "practical" information as Bell's books. I bought it thinking there was more information on actual tuning issues

On behalf of Cybernation they have been working on K series motors for over a year and have turboed MANY of them with ONLY positive results in and out of the state. Yes Cybernation will ship you a kit and help the shop out doing the install if they need help. All the kits are tested on the streets in HARSH condition before they are let go to the public. These kits were designed to give you an awsome ammount of HP but still keep your car drivable everyday. Many hours of testing went into these kits to ensure a good ammount of HP within a safe condition. MANY dyno and street hours went into these kits and as stated before they are only getting stronger. The first RSX-S to ever be turboed by them is still running strong and is now being worked on with stage 3. All the cars are worked on and tuned inhouse and will not leave the shop untill they are running like they are supposed to be. The Cybernation K series turbo kit has been around for over a year and is only going to be getting stronger.
    Last edited by 03BlueEP3; 07-16-2003 at 07:12 AM.

MotorMatrix.com
    HMMM.... I could swear the girl with the turbo rsx is on here 2nd or 3rd motor.maybe she wasnt the 1st car turboed but i dont think she is on her 1st motor. I could be wrong though.

Originally posted by MotorMatrix.com
    HMMM.... I could swear the girl with the turbo rsx is on here 2nd or 3rd motor.maybe she wasnt the 1st car turboed but i dont think she is on her 1st motor. I could be wrong though.
    I keep "hearing" about stories of cybernation blowing so many turbos..I'm going to see what I dig up...facts that is.

Originally posted by MotorMatrix.com
    Gean (the grl with the RSX) had one motor problem with her car. She was one of the testing cars and her problem was fixed and her car is running strong now.

MotorMatrix.com
    no problem. i wont argue. it seems as though cybernation has some pull on the forums and i'll end up banned if i tell any factual stories. so Pm me for any details or check the posts on http://motormatrix.zeroforum.com

by the way is it true that one of the rsx's caught fire a few weeks back from the rear turbo housing touching a line on the firewall?? just asking cause i wasnt sure if it was rumor??

ssvr6
    Relax with the "banning" crap please.

No one's getting banned for expressing an opinion...as long I agree with it. ;) :p

Steve

MotorMatrix.com
    Originally posted by ssvr6
    Relax with the "banning" crap please.

No one's getting banned for expressing an opinion...as long I agree with it. ;) :p

Steve
    no problem. i will try to stay as politically correct as possible:D

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information