Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dyno

My dyno

I think the red line is before they tuned the safc and the blue is after

im not sure what everything else is on here..btw i have HKS exhaust, aem cai, comptech header and safc

Nice. It doesn't look like you gained too much as far as peak numbers go, but what's more important to me is what you gained over the entire powerband. Your torque and horsepower are much more linearized than before. I think that under normal driving conditions, you'll be having a much easier time with partial throttle response and city driving. Let us know.

Not bad i thought u would be in the 160's still good numbers now we need to race.:D

looks good

inside the big machine chakra71's Avatar
    what a strange dyno graph in red.

i wonder why it would be like that... perhaps the ecu retarding timing like mad for some reason.

at least the SAFC smoothed it out. before looks like ass.

heh or in the first one the red line looks like a b-series dyno when it changes to VTEC

the 2nd graph just looks retarded.
    Last edited by chakra71; 07-02-2003 at 01:34 PM.

can you share your settings with us?

Dont know the settings:o I gave it to them and told them to tune it

yeah i agree with chakra, it looks like your stock pull was screwed up. both torque and hp don't come on until way late (3600rpm) and the huge spike in both (torque and hp) at 5000rpm is abnormal for a stock ep...

maybe a/c was on or something...
    Last edited by glw; 07-03-2003 at 08:20 AM.

dude that's awsome! Where did you get the safc from. It helped you a lot from the dyno stand point. It may not seem like it's much according to the peak number, but notice how at about 5k the original torque was low then jumps up, where as with the safc helps it stay up. That's what I need. My car is doing what yours was before you had the safc put on. Good numbers man!
    I'm going to have to move this to the Dyno part of the forum though.
    Here's mine for an example"

By the way, how much was it to tune the safc?
    Last edited by 02SilverSiHB; 07-03-2003 at 05:00 AM.

uhh, I don't think you can draw ANY conclusions from these dyno charts. The red line pull is just bizarre. Look at other dyno graphs posted with various mods or stock A3's. They don't jump up and down like that at all.
    I don't know what mods you have but the blue line numbers are pretty good (remember that the final reading is misleading b/c it comes from that little spike at the end. Your actual reading is about 148-149)

keep in mind he's in texas and its mad hot

subliminal gave me a ride, compared to my stock si (well, intake, big deal), this thing hauls some serious ass.

Originally posted by S800Racer
    uhh, I don't think you can draw ANY conclusions from these dyno charts. The red line pull is just bizarre. Look at other dyno graphs posted with various mods or stock A3's. They don't jump up and down like that at all.
    I don't know what mods you have but the blue line numbers are pretty good (remember that the final reading is misleading b/c it comes from that little spike at the end. Your actual reading is about 148-149)
    it probably doesn't really jump up that much. It looks like his graph is a little cramped. But yes, you are correct, it is probably more like 148-149, the spike at the end of his graph is very noticeable, the guy doing the run, most likely just hit the rev limiter,kinda like this old one of mine, when I had sri and hp header:

compared to not hitting the rev limiter (and more mods)

if you dont mind me asking could you possibly email or post your SAFC settings? i have basically the same mods, i'm just too lazy to go to a dyno and have them tune it. how much did you lean out or rich your fuel and at what RPM's?

Trevor

Originally posted by rocket_civic
    if you dont mind me asking could you possibly email or post your SAFC settings? i have basically the same mods, i'm just too lazy to go to a dyno and have them tune it. how much did you lean out or rich your fuel and at what RPM's?

Trevor
    ditto, he should be able to browse through it to see the settings, correct? I don't actually have one, but just curious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information